Click here for the complete list
- Final Fantasy XIII (Platinum)
- Tales of Xillia (Collector's Edition)
- Borderlands 2
- The Last of Us (Steelbook Edition)
- Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
- The Last of Us
- Tales of Xillia [First-Print Edition]
- Tales of Xillia 2
- Sleeping Dogs
- Dragon's Dogma (PlayStation 3 the Best)
- Battlefield 3 (English & Chinese Version)
US$ 30.601 d, 00:19:29
- Resident Evil 6
US$ 21.791 d, 19:33:00
- Borderlands 2 (Ultimate Loot Chest Limited Edition)
US$ 99.001 d, 23:04:58
- Dark Souls with Artorias of the Abyss Edition
US$ 34.002 d, 15:35:12
- Darksiders II (Limited Edition)
US$ 24.062 d, 16:22:19
Not bad more good but not great.
- Dog fight and dive bomb in actual WW2 planes and rain down terror from above. Determine for yourself which plane is the ultimate bird of prey
- Embark on 20 historical missions, hundreds of procedural missions scattered throughout 16 different locations. All are inspired by real life campaigns such as Pearl Harbor, Guadalcanal and the battle of Wake Island. Reality is reflected using real life maps and actual satellite photos of these areas
- Enjoy 4 player co-op or go into the new and unique online ware mode to compete against up to 16 aviators across world. More exciting details to come!
- The finest details are the most critical in the new physics and damage models. Controlling speed is a direct result of effect manipulation of the ailerons, and rudders. Each plane has over 100 hitpoints where each part of the plane has its own health and damage detection
- Multiple levels of realism offer a gameplay experience for gamers of all walks: Simplified, Realistic up to Simulator for the serious flight-sim aficionados
|Release Date||Mar 08, 2012|
|CERO B (12+)|
|Average rating:||Too few reviews (min 3 reviews required)|
Showing the last 5 reviews, out of a total 6 reviews. Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
It wasn't exactly my cup of tea but it was good fun while it lasted. I just tried the easier modes and it was fun bombing ships out of the water.
Probably best suited for flying fans out there.
The best flight simulation of World War II with great multiplayer.
Finally we have something pretty close to original IL-2!
Good physical model, almost all flight parameters are controllable (you need a HOTAS joy to do that) and we have Pacific now! Game has a solo campaign and dynamic campaign generator - great way to set your own war theater for training before you're ready to go multiplayer.
Gaijin Games has hooked up with Konami this to make another sequel in their WW2 Flight IL-2. This is good news as it mean they finally are going to get a little coin behind their production. Unlike their marketing which doesn't even seem to have been addressed, typical. But that said it will be a game that will sell via word of mouth because it's a fan boy game really for the hardcore. Over all it's the best flight Sim on the PS3 or on any consol for a few reasons.
Graphics are somewhat dated looking now but they are acceptable. I found the sound in this the most disappointing but it's not a deal breaker. As a total package it all works well for some reason. I think the main reason is when you play it as a sim on the medium to hard settings with a flight stick which really brings out the the strength and depth of the game. It's then when you really get a taste for some WW2 flight nerdiness that is frankly very cool. You really pine for that kill as you chase down a JU87 as it starts to smoke and are then rewarded with the thrill of the kill as your ammo is about to run short. Birds of Steel makes you work for kills as a good sim should and that is what makes it cool. When you advance to hard though you better get ready for some Japanese spelling sort of hard. Your plane will fall out of the sky quicker than you can say zero for all manner of reasons. I sometimes spend more time stopping my plane from stalling than shooting enemies which can be a pain. So hard might not be everybody's cup of tea. I personally, am happy playing medium. The best upgrade is the the online with loads of new modes for co-op and just a whole lot better than the pig of a system IL-2 had going for it.
So to sum up. A good solid game that yes could be better but it's the best on the system to date If you are a flight sim nerd well... you would have already bought this game so you don't need my review really do you? For everybody else this is the perfect entry into the sky.
Birds of Steel
Compatible with PlayStation 3 (PS3)
US, No Region Protection / Action
Usually ships within 1-5 days
Compatible with PlayStation 3 (PS3)
Japan, No Region Protection / Action
Usually ships within 1 week
Trademarks listed on our pages belong to their designated owner(s). If you have any matter you want to bring up to us regarding copyright or trademarks, please feel free to contact us. Play Asia and the stick logo are trademarks of Play-Asia.com. Website & content copyright 2002-2013 Play-Asia.com.