Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 1.00 (3%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
|Official Release Date||Sep 22, 2015|
|Starring||Edward Woodward, Bryan Brown, Lewis Fitz-Gerald, Jack Thompson, John Waters|
|Running Time||107 Minutes|
Parental guidance suggested - Some material might be unsuitable for children.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, supervised and approved by director Bruce Beresford, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Audio commentary from 2004 featuring Beresford
- New interviews with Beresford, cinematographer Donald McAlpine, and actor Bryan Brown
- Interview with actor Edward Woodward from 2004
- New piece about the Boer War with historian Stephen Miller
- The Breaker, a 1973 documentary profiling the real Harry “Breaker” Morant, with a 2010 statement by its director, Frank Shields
- An essay by film scholar Neil Sinyard
At the turn of the twentieth century, three Australian army lieutenants are court-martialed for alleged war crimes committed while fighting in South Africa. With no time to prepare, an Australian major, appointed as defense attorney, must prove that they were just following orders and are being made into political pawns by the British imperial command. Director Bruce Beresford garnered international acclaim for this riveting drama set during a dark period in his country’s colonial history, and featuring passionate performances by Edward Woodward, Bryan Brown, and Jack Thompson; rugged cinematography by Donald McAlpine; and an Oscar-nominated script, based on true events.