Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - Upgrades and Improvement Details!
"Your soul is still frail and pallid...
If you proceed regardless, your fate will be more terrible than mere life or death,
But I will not stop you if that is your hearts desire." - Emerald Herald
As the embargo from Bandai Namco lifts like a fog gate post boss, the true form of Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin can now be revealed. With updated graphics and lighting akin to that of the pre-retail demo build and new upgraded online features, this version can be considered to be the real version of Dark Souls II.
For those who have already taken the scenic route to Dragelic since the much lauded 2014 release of the original Dark Souls II, they'll be pleased to know that this definitive version brings forth a lot of new content making the trip back worthwhile. For those who have not #PREPARETODIE yet, gather round the bonfire, and get ready for a tale like no other.
In Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin, included with the game are all 3 DLCs from the Lost Crown Trilogy: Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, Crown Of The Ivory King, all highly rated and retain sprawling labyrinth levels of imminent demise highly reminiscent of Miyazaki's (Lead Dev of the Souls series) level design. And while this is expected for any self-respecting GOTY edition, the biggest changes are thus:
- The Scholar of the First Sin: A new mysterious NPC will guide the player through the new hazards of Drangleic and beyond - what his presence foretells, we have yet to know...
- There's a way to keep enemy respawn! If players now join the covenant "Company Of Champions", enemies will no longer disappear after a set amount of kills.
- The number of white phantom summons (co-op) has been increased to 6 simultaneously.
- White Phantoms no longer disappear in the middle of boss fights - like Dark Souls, they will stay until either the boss or player dies.
- The warp menu will now highlight the top three areas with the most traffic, so players can choose to avoid or invade said locations.
- Item descriptions and lore has been enhanced for many items across the board for a deeper understanding of the Dark Souls II universe.
- A new item known as the "Agape Ring" will allow players to control their total soul count - the modifier on which online matchmaking is based.
With all these combined, it is indeed time to praise the sun - this fully realized and balanced ode to punishing difficulty is on the top of our lists!
For the exact differences in versions, here is a handy guide from Bandai Namco:
© 2015 Play-Asia.com. OK to reproduce if copyright note stays intact.
- 05/24/17 05:31:51 PM
Many Familiar Faces Have Returned in Tekken 7!! Character Trailers Released!
- 05/24/17 04:03:00 PM
Akiba’s Beat - Don't let delusions win!
- 05/24/17 11:55:16 AM
- 05/23/17 06:02:21 PM
Play-Asia.com 독점 판매! 알케믹 조스트 Alchemic Jousts 예약 주문 개시!
- 05/23/17 03:56:00 PM
Have A New Spooktacular Adventure with Dai Makaimura Mobile!
- 05/23/17 01:11:44 PM
- 05/23/17 12:45:28 PM
WEEKLY SPECIAL: Bloodborne, Just Cause 3, Sword Art Online Lost Song, & MORE!
- 05/23/17 12:00:01 PM
Play Asia Exclusive - Sign up for Alchemic Jousts Pre-Order List Now!
- 05/22/17 10:11:27 PM
WEEKLY SPECIAL: INSTANT DIGITAL CODES!
- 05/22/17 06:02:01 PM
Did Someone Say Chimichanga? Nope! It's Something Better Figma Deadpool!!
- 05/22/17 10:42:52 AM
Play-Asia 네이버 블로그 신규 오픈!
- 05/21/17 01:27:48 AM
Naruto to Boruto: Shinobi Striker is 40 Percent Complete
- 05/19/17 06:06:42 PM
Merch Mart - This Week's Merchandise: NierR, Nights, Neogeo!
- 05/19/17 05:49:02 PM
The Search for the Missing Squid Sister! Splatoon 2 Single Player Trailer Released!
- 05/19/17 04:58:33 PM
Pre-order now! WIPEOUT: OMEGA COLLECTION (ENGLISH & CHINESE SUBS)
- 05/19/17 03:11:00 PM
Monster Strike is the new tremendous cult classic!
- 05/19/17 11:35:14 AM
PS老牌經典回歸！《Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy》三部曲重製版6月30日登陸PS4！
- 05/19/17 10:57:10 AM
Transcend to a Brand New Gaming Heights with the New HyperX Cloud Headsets!
- 05/18/17 06:55:54 PM
Put up Your Dukes! New Characters, Free Updates, Global Testpunch Demo, and More Announced for ARMS!
- 05/18/17 05:52:00 PM