Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin - Upgrades and Improvement Details!
"Your soul is still frail and pallid...
If you proceed regardless, your fate will be more terrible than mere life or death,
But I will not stop you if that is your hearts desire." - Emerald Herald
As the embargo from Bandai Namco lifts like a fog gate post boss, the true form of Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin can now be revealed. With updated graphics and lighting akin to that of the pre-retail demo build and new upgraded online features, this version can be considered to be the real version of Dark Souls II.
For those who have already taken the scenic route to Dragelic since the much lauded 2014 release of the original Dark Souls II, they'll be pleased to know that this definitive version brings forth a lot of new content making the trip back worthwhile. For those who have not #PREPARETODIE yet, gather round the bonfire, and get ready for a tale like no other.
In Dark Souls II: Scholars of the First Sin, included with the game are all 3 DLCs from the Lost Crown Trilogy: Crown of the Sunken King, Crown of the Old Iron King, Crown Of The Ivory King, all highly rated and retain sprawling labyrinth levels of imminent demise highly reminiscent of Miyazaki's (Lead Dev of the Souls series) level design. And while this is expected for any self-respecting GOTY edition, the biggest changes are thus:
- The Scholar of the First Sin: A new mysterious NPC will guide the player through the new hazards of Drangleic and beyond - what his presence foretells, we have yet to know...
- There's a way to keep enemy respawn! If players now join the covenant "Company Of Champions", enemies will no longer disappear after a set amount of kills.
- The number of white phantom summons (co-op) has been increased to 6 simultaneously.
- White Phantoms no longer disappear in the middle of boss fights - like Dark Souls, they will stay until either the boss or player dies.
- The warp menu will now highlight the top three areas with the most traffic, so players can choose to avoid or invade said locations.
- Item descriptions and lore has been enhanced for many items across the board for a deeper understanding of the Dark Souls II universe.
- A new item known as the "Agape Ring" will allow players to control their total soul count - the modifier on which online matchmaking is based.
With all these combined, it is indeed time to praise the sun - this fully realized and balanced ode to punishing difficulty is on the top of our lists!
For the exact differences in versions, here is a handy guide from Bandai Namco:
© 2015 Play-Asia.com. OK to reproduce if copyright note stays intact.
- 29-06-2017 18:23:45
Who whispers to my Ghost?
- 29-06-2017 18:08:16
Get Ready to Battle! The Legendary Pokemon Trainer RED Joins the Figma Series!
- 29-06-2017 17:39:02
Last Chance, One Day left! Summer Sale
- 29-06-2017 15:20:00
Put some magic in your iOS device…
- 29-06-2017 12:22:01
Slay all Dragons!! Pre-Order Wonder Boy:The Dragons Trap!
- 29-06-2017 12:00:38
Last day for Pre-Order! Tokyo Xanadu
- 29-06-2017 11:59:01
Show Me Your True Form! Persona 5 Ryuji Shirts Available Again. Ambush!
- 29-06-2017 11:51:03
Unlocking All Mobile Suits in Gundam Versus Will Take 100 Hours According to Famitsu
- 28-06-2017 19:03:00
The Legend continues…
- 28-06-2017 18:23:05
Hiiiiiiiii!! Planet PopStar's Lovely Pink Puff Kirby Is Getting a Cool Nendoroid!
- 27-06-2017 15:50:00
The card is mightier than the punch!
- 27-06-2017 14:51:49
아직도 예약 않하셨나요? 세미스피어 한국어판 한정판말이지 말입니다
- 27-06-2017 14:38:31
- 27-06-2017 12:55:22
WEEKLY SPECIAL: Mass Effect Trilogy, World of Final Fantasy, Amiibos, & MORE!
- 27-06-2017 11:00:14
Ghost Blade HD - Priority Pre-order Now Open!
- 27-06-2017 10:11:20
[예약주문정보] 고스트 블레이드 HD 한글판 예약주문 실시! [독판]
- 26-06-2017 22:00:00
WEEKLY SPECIAL: Instant Digital Codes!
- 26-06-2017 18:21:45
Crash Bandicoot N.Sane Trilogy Releasing 30 June, Pre Order Now!
- 26-06-2017 17:58:05
EXCELSIOR! Celebrate Spider-Man's Homecoming with This Cute Nendoroid!
- 26-06-2017 14:52:36