Dark Souls II
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 45.00 (64%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
- Prepare To Die . . . Again - Dare yourself to engage against intense gameplay in a vast world powered by an all new engine that leaps graphics, sound & fx forward like never before
- A Labyrinth of Monsters & Bosses - Immerse yourself into mind-bending environments filled with new twisted monsters and deadly bosses that could only come from the imagination of from software
- Sensory Assault - A wide range of threats will prey on human senses & phobias - auditory hallucinations, vertigo, acrophobia, etc.
- Deeper and Darker - More intricate customization options provide weapons and armor tailoring to player style
- Evolved Multiplayer - Updated multiplayer system enables improved online interaction to bring forward cooperative & competitive play
- Go Beyond Death - Dark Souls II features fluid motion-capture animations, upgraded combat system, a vastly expanded suite of characters, deeper customization options, new weapons, armor abilities, and balanced player progression system
Prepare to Die Again:
In 2011, gamers were subjected to a gaming experience like no other; in Dark Souls, a practiced methodical approach in the face of overwhelming odds took players to a time reminiscent of old school games where difficulty was a welcomed feature, unlike modern titles and their tendency for hand holding.
Lauded as one of the most difficult games of this generation, nothing surpassed the feeling of defeating the game's sadistic trials and gaining a sense of true achievement. Dark Souls became an overwhelming hit, and those who had the perseverance to brave through found themselves masochistically wanting more.
A New Level of Difficulty:
With the announcement of the sequel, Dark Souls Fans voiced their biggest fear: that the sequel's difficulty would be watered down for the sake of attracting a new audience. Despite this, From Software's development team has ensured that the punishing difficulty remains; veterans and newcomers will be assaulted by new challenges adding to the experience – enemy AI has been completely improved with reactive and adaptive tactics tailored to deal grief to the player, boss fights forgo any sense of predictability, and new environmental traps are engineered for many a frustrating return post death.
The Souls of Many, Online:
Dark Souls II continues in the series approach towards a psuedo-online experience, but different from it's predecessors are the new dedicated servers. For serious PvP Dark Souls players, this perhaps is the biggest change; no longer are lagging back-stabs an issue.
Also, in support of this change, the “Humanity” mechanic has now been changed to “encourage” online play – there are now punishments for constantly playing offline, but easier means to access the online features, such as message leaving, finding jolly-cooperation, summoning and covenant features.
Imminent Beautiful View, Imminent Despair:
Graphically, Dark Souls II achieves new heights compared to it's predecessors Demon Souls and Dark Souls; aside from the new advanced lighting technology, every detail and texture is extremely well realized, creating an extremely immersive experience. Enemies and bosses look even more foreboding making for great visual clues for would be explorers.
|Official Release Date||Mar 14, 2014|
Daily Sale Alert: Recently Discounted - December 9th!
Pre-Order News: Dark Souls II, Taiko No Tatsujin: Wii U, and Mobile Suit Gundam: Extreme Vs. Full Boost
Dark Souls II - PS3/X360/PC - Despair (YouTube)
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
is very hard to play, excellent port with all the DLC included here!
Something like the old school, very recommended.
What was great now is even better! This remaster of the PS3/Xbox 360 game presents the game in a higher resolution, with a more stable fps. Awesome!
Souls series fan don't miss
Prepare to Die !!!
a great game from Dark Souls series, recommended!
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.