Day for Night
~Jacqueline Bisset, Valentina Cortese, Alexandra Stewart, Jean-Pierre Léaud, François Truffaut, Nathalie Baye
Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 5.00 (13%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
|Official Release Date||Aug 18, 2015|
|Starring||Jacqueline Bisset, Valentina Cortese, Alexandra Stewart, Jean-Pierre Léaud, François Truffaut, Nathalie Baye|
|Running Time||115 Minutes|
Parental guidance suggested - Some material might be unsuitable for children.
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack
- New visual essay by filmmaker :: kogonada
- New interview with cinematographer Pierre-William Glenn
- New interview with film scholar Dudley Andrew
- Documentary on the film from 2003, featuring film scholar Annette Insdorf
- Archival interviews with director François Truffaut; editor Yann Dedet; and actors Jean-Pierre Aumont, Nathalie Baye, Jacqueline Bisset, Dani, and Bernard Menez
- Television footage of Truffaut on the film's set in 1972
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic David Cairns
This loving farce from François Truffaut (Jules and Jim) about the joys and turbulence of moviemaking is one of his most beloved films. Truffaut himself appears as the harried director of a frivolous melodrama, the shooting of which is plagued by the whims of a neurotic actor (The 400 Blows' Jean-Pierre Léaud); an aging but still forceful Italian diva (Juliet of the Spirits' Valentina Cortese); and a British ingenue haunted by personal scandal (Bullitt's Jacqueline Bisset). An irreverant paean to the prosaic craft of cinema as well as a delightful human comedy about the pitfalls of love and sex, Day for Night is buoyed by robust performances and a sparkling score by the legendary Georges Delerue (Contempt).