Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.Get informed when this item is in stock by using our Personal Agent from the right.
Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
save for later
Track it down!This item is currently unavailable. If you are interested in buying it, we can try to track it down for you.To have us tracking down your wanted items, we need you to login or create an account
|Official Release Date||Jan 07, 2014|
|Starring||Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, Sharlto Copley|
|Running Time||109 Minutes|
In a future in which the privileged reside on an Earth-orbiting space station named Elysium and the less fortunate live on the surface of the blighted, overpopulated planet below, one man dares to defy the strict anti-immigration laws that separate the two disparate worlds in order to save all of mankind in this visceral sci-fi action thriller from District 9 director Neill Blomkamp. The year is 2154, and the division between social classes has grown wider than ever before. As the rich enjoy a life of luxury and access to cutting-edge medical technology on Elysium, the rest of the human race contend with poverty, crime, and disease on the surface of planet Earth. Meanwhile, hard-line immigration laws ensure that only those who have been explicitly approved will ever set foot on the elusive paradise in the stars. 36-year-old Max (Matt Damon) lives in an L.A. shantytown and earns his living by working on an Armadyne assembly line. He's had a rough past, but he's struggling to stay on the right side of the law when he realizes that his only hope for survival after being exposed to deadly radiation is to reach Elysium. Should Max succeed, he will strike a major blow for equality in the eyes of his fellow surface dwellers; should he fail, it will mean certain death. In his quest to become the hero who can restore the balance between the rich and the poor, however, Max must first do battle with Elysium's hawkish Secretary of Defense Delacourt (Jodie Foster), who has devoted her entire career to maintaining that division, and whose key enforcer Kruger (Sharlto Copley) is notorious for his brutal tactics in driving out illegals. With the fates of millions hanging in the balance, Max sets his sights on Elysium and never looks back. Alice Braga, Diego Luna, William Fichtner, and Faran Tahir co-star.
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
I watch this before at cinema. Great Sci-fi movie, is very worth blu-ray collection. Awesome HD picture, sound & Bonus materials.
It´s so nice when you see a film with low expectations, and it trespass all you expect. Excelent movie!! Don´t miss it!
The movie alone is a completely original sci-fi story far different than the usual story. This is one of my favourite movies of 2009. This is now even better in High Definition as well as excellent extra features.
An astonishing film on the excellent Blu-ray disc! Great sound and video.
Excellent selection of bonus materials:
• Commentary with Director/Co-Writer Neill Blomkamp
• Joburg from Above: Satellite and Schematics of the World of District 9 – Interactive Map
• Deleted Scenes:
- MNU Agent Field Training (1 min, HD)
- Anti-Aleen Riot (1 min, HD)
- Cryo Alien (1 min, HD)
- Kids and Space: Rat Muti (1 min, HD)
- Kids Play with Alien Technology (1 min, HD)
- Meat Seller (1 min, HD)
- Muti (2 min, HD)
- Shack Fire (1 min, HD)
- Dirk Michaels TV Interview (2 min, HD)
- MNU Office (1 min, HD)
- Aggro Alien (1 min, HD)
- Egg Alien (1 min, HD)
- Roof Alien (1 min, HD)
- Stolen Alien Goods (1 min, HD)
- Alien Rips Off Fundiswa (1 min, HD)
- Dead Dog and Alien (1 min, HD)
- Ghettoblaster (1 min, HD)
- Alien Reproductive System (2 min, HD)
- Bad Kids (1 min, HD)
- Clinic Visit (2 min, HD)
- Steal Tank (1 min, HD)
- Koobus Big Gun (1 min, HD)
• The Alien Agenda: A Filmmaker's Log:
- Chapter 1: Envisioning District 9 (8 min, HD)
- Chapter 2: Shooting District 9 (17 min, HD)
- Chapter 3: Refining District 9 (10 min, HD)
• Metamorphosis: The Transformation of Wikus (10 min, HD)
• Innovation: The Acting and Improvisation of District 9 (12 min, HD)
• Conception and Design: Creating the World of District 9 (13 min, HD)
• Alien Generation: The Visual Effects of District 9 (10 min, HD)
• CineCHAT - where viewers can send on-screen instant messages to their friends while watching the movie
• MovieIQ - which allows viewers to immediately access continuously updated information on the cast & crew and explore relevant trivia such as production facts, music and soundtrack information all tied to scenes within the movie via BD-Live.
- Blu-Ray Disk is High Definition (1 min, HD)
- The International (2 min, HD)
- Terminator Salvation (2 min, HD)
- 2012 (1 min, HD)
- The Taking of Pelham 1 2 3 (2 min, HD)
- Angels & Demons (2 min, HD)
This publication is strongly recommend in your collection!
I am a great fan of sci-fi movies and I couldn't miss this one. The argument is surprisingly original, and the special effects is astonishingly real, specially because of high definition. If you are a sci-fi fan also, don't let this masterpiece out of you collection.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.