Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
5-15d Usually ships within 5-15 days.
Price: US$ 33.99
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 1.00 (3%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
|Official Release Date||Jun 21, 2016|
|Starring||Jennifer Drake, Eric Baugin, Sylvie Lenoi, Jean Topart, Jean Valmont|
|Audio||LPCM Mono, Dolby Digital Mono|
|Running Time||72 minutes|
Parental guidance suggested - Some material might be unsuitable for children.
- New 2K digital restoration, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate English-language soundtrack
- Les temps morts (1965) and Les escargots (1966), two early short films by director René Laloux and illustrator Roland Topor
- Laloux sauvage, a 2009 documentary on Laloux
- Episode of the French television program Italiques from 1974 about Topor’s work
- Interview with Topor from 1973
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by critic Michael Brooke
descriptionNothing else has ever looked or felt like director René Laloux’s animated marvel Fantastic Planet, a politically minded and visually inventive work of science fiction. The film is set on a distant planet called Ygam, where enslaved humans (Oms) are the playthings of giant blue native inhabitants (Draags). After Terr, kept as a pet since infancy, escapes from his gigantic child captor, he is swept up by a band of radical fellow Oms who are resisting the Draags’ oppression and violence. With its eerie, coolly surreal cutout animation by Roland Topor; brilliant psychedelic jazz score by Alain Goraguer; and wondrous creatures and landscapes, this Cannes-awarded 1973 counterculture classic is a perennially compelling statement against conformity and violence.
Please send me an E-Mail when ...