- The new antigravity feature allows for never-imagined racing circuit designs. Players will speed through courses and find themselves suddenly racing on walls in a haunted mansion or upside-down over Princess Peach’s Castle as their wheels automatically rotate and shift into antigravity gear
- Mario Kart TV lets players share highlight videos they submitted to Miiverse
- Experience a wealth of features that span the series, including 12-player online competitive play. Elements first introduced in Mario Kart 7, such as hang gliders and underwater racing, along with elements introduced in Mario Kart Wii, such as motorbikes and performing tricks in midair, also make their return
- Fan-favorites Waluigi and Toadette re-join the cast of familiar characters from the Mushroom Kingdom
- Crisp HD graphics and a 60-frames-per-second frame rate offer players the most visually stunning entry in the series yet
A True Work of Kart:
The most anticipated game that will bring number of new features is here in Mario Kart 8. With improved graphics and support for the Wii U gamepad, Mario Kart 8 will surely take kart-racing one step further. Introduced in the 8th iteration are new online play modes, new racing circuit designs and anti-gravity karts that will allow players to drive upside down.
Join the troop with the return of 12-player online competitive play, a new gliding mode, underwater racing and motorbikes. Also, in 2-player mode, screens will now split down the middle vertically instead of the horizontal split that seen in previous titles. Players also have the power to create a 30-second highlight reel of the race and let players share their racing highlights in Miiverse.
Ready, Get Set, Go. Vroom!:
Mario Kart 8 will run at 60 frames per second, even with two players. Play the game with the Wii U GamePad, Wii Remote and Nunchuk, Wii U Pro Controller, and the Wii Wheel. Take on the Rainbow Road, the loopiest and craziest racing track ever made. Vroom!
|Official Release Date||May 30, 2014|
Daily Sale Alert: Recently Discounted - May 21st!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - August 17th!
PRE-ORDER HIGHLIGHTS: Mario Kart 8, Dynasty Warriors 8 Xtreme Legends Complete Edition, Theatrhythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call and Deception IV: Blood Ties!
PRE-ORDER HIGHLIGHTS: Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Gyakuten Saiban 123 Naruhodo Selection, Mario Kart 8, and The Idolm@ster One for All!
Release Highlights: Watch_Dogs, Mario Kart 8, Mobile Suit Gundam Side Stories, Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment, Chou Megami Shinkou Noire: Gekishin Black Heart and Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!
The grandfather of karting makes it's return in MARIO KART 8 for the WiiU!
Mario Kart 8 - New Features Trailer (YouTube)
Mario Kart 8 Review
|Average rating:||(4.5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
Mario Kart is still keeping up with the good work! 200cc is amazing
Mario Kart 8 provides a great experience that is familiar to audiences, however, it seems that there has been more of a focus on graphics than gameplay.
That is not to say that the game is terrible, far from it. However, compared to previous titles, such as Mario Kart 64, Mario Kart Double Dash and Mario Kart 7, it seems that this title does not bring a memorable experience for me as others have.
But it is a great title, better than a lot of other games that have come out and deserves the consumers' money for the effort put in. However, keep in mind that you may not have a memorable and enjoyable experience as one may had with previous instalments.
I'm glad i went to get it. Initially i held out on this game. But having played most of the series and having more opportunities to play with friends made me decide to get it.
Delivers mario kart fun and enjoyment. and you can drive/ride as Link!!!
I loved it. Lots of great tracks and customization. I was annoyed that Nintendo decided to do DLC (not cool = -1 star), but Link was one of the DLC characters and there's a Hyrule circuit (cool = +1 star). Still, I think that it would have been better to give us characters like Samus, Star Fox or Captain Falcon instead of those ones from Animal Crossing, or just different colored Yoshis and Shy Guys. Still a brilliant game though. I'm just a tough customer.
New caracters, expansion pack, new roads and game-play. And you can drive with Link!!!!
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.