- The Evolution of Road to The Show continues – First among the major improvements is a completely revamped advancement system, complete with improved logic and the removal of advancement goals. Also being introduced is a new beginning to a player’s RTTS career with the Topps Amateur Showcase, a series of games against other draft prospects
- Year-to-Year Saves – For the first time in franchise history, saves can be carried over from MLB 14 to future releases of The Show, meaning that gamers won't have to worry about starting their Franchise or Road to the Show seasons over in years to come
- Player Lock – The new Player Lock feature (a.k.a RTTS anywhere) gives users the ability to lock-on to any single player and enter games using the Road to the Show gameplay mechanic, allowing for faster games and more focused on-field action
- Quick Counts – Users will now be able to play a full nine-inning game in less than 30 minutes, half the time it takes in previous iterations of The Show. Despite the shortened game durations, realistic stats will not be compromised
- Stubs – Playing games in MLB 14 The Show rewards players with Stubs. Stubs can be used to purchase additional in-game content – like Road to the Show training points – or used in our new mode, Community Challenges. Stubs can be earned in any mode, and they are not required to progress through a mode
- Dynamic Difficulty – Baseball is a sport the dedicated love to master, but also one that can intimidate newcomers. In this year’s version of The Show, players who don’t feel like veterans yet can opt to start on a lower difficulty level and jump right in. An advanced logic system will then grade the user’s skill and adjust the challenge level up or down based on their overall performance
Baseball Excitement in Handheld Consoles:
MLB 14: The Show lets baseball fans enjoy and relive their favourite baseball game moments over again as it hits stores. It is the latest entry to the successful MLB: The Show franchise and is developed by Sony Computer Entertainment. MLB 14: The Show boasts of next generation improvements on its animation and gameplay and is deemed to be the first and only Major League Baseball simulation for next generation console.
More Realistic Animations and Innovative Gameplay:
Play as any of your favourite baseball superstars including the game athlete cover Miguel Cabrera and experience the thrill and adrenaline brought about by the game. Feel the excitement around the stadium mount up as over a thousand character models of fans cheer in a virtual crowd. Play through full games faster than ever before with the game’s Quick Counts option that utilizes generated pitch counts. Share your “big moments” from homeruns to game-winning grand slams with the game’s share feature.
Year to Year Saves:
Players can now be able to save and carry over their sweat-earned wins and saves in MLB 14: The Show to future versions of the game so that there would be no more need to restart both “Franchise” or “Road to the Show” seasons.
|Official Release Date||Apr 01, 2014|
Titles rated E (Everyone) have content that may be suitable for ages 6 and older. Titles in this category may contain minimal cartoon, fantasy or mild violence and/or infrequent use of mild language.
RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS: NAtURAL DOCtRINE, MLB '14 The Show, and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (US)!
MLB 14 Teaser Trailer (YouTube)
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
I love this game and it's very complete if you're a fan of the sport. It's like watching a TV game but you play instead.
This PSV version is complete as the PS3/4 version. Unlike MLB 15 (the PSV version of 15 is amputed of some of the content). So, this is the best one you can get :)
quick counts is a nice addition. it helps players become patient and take pitches at times.. graphics are sick. presentation is nice. Masahiro Tanaka doesn't look great but the announcer says his name so it's kinda cool. get this.
This game is not only the best sports game out there, IMO it is the best video game out there.It is an incredible representation of the sport of baseball.The graphics especially have taken a huge leap over the previous gen games.It is just like you are watching a real baseball game on TV.The gameplay is just like every year solid.Thanks to Play Asia for delivering it quick.
It's been worth waiting for the PS4 version. The graphics are better than ever especially the stadium views, the crowds and the lighting. The gameplay is rock solid as always. Using a Sony gold headset the sound is awesome and you'll feel as if you are in the stadium. Arguably the best video sports game ever.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.