Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate
For US/Canada systems.
Price: US$ 26.99
Limited time offer - Secure yours now before the offer expires!
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 18.00 (40%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
- Online Play - Connect with up to three other hunters online over the Nintendo Network for the first time ever, or local wireless, to join up and take down larger than life beasts
- Two new weapon classes - The Insect Glaive is a long staff type weapon accompanied by a powerful flying insect which can be customized with various attributes; the Charge Blade is a hybrid that switches between a sword and shield or axe mode, with the ability to collect energy from attacks to charge up and unleash powerful attacks. The 12 previous weapon types have also been updated with modifications to moves or combos
- More vertical environments - The action expands with more fluid climbing motions and the addition of jump attacks from walls or ledges
- Virus effect - Monsters are even more threatening with a new feral effect which makes them stronger and more vicious than in their normal state
- New gameplay mechanic - For the first time ever, hop on to monsters and hold on to deliver a burst of attacks
- Dynamic terrain changes - Some monsters can cause the battlefield to shift during a fight, making even ground slant at an angle into a steep slope; if hunters are not careful, they could slide right out of the zone into the next area
- Returning favorites and fresh challenges - With several brand new monsters such as the dark and menacing Gore Magala as well as hordes of returning favorites including the primal Tigrex, players have access to the largest roster of ferocious enemies than ever before
- All new areas - Journey as a part of a traveling caravan and explore brand new locales and villages, each with its own unique look and feel
- Epic gear - Hundreds of new items and equipment for players to craft and acquire, including all new rare and powerful G rank weapons and armor
- Felyne Comrades - Felyne AI partners can be recruited on the journey and will feature in depth customization options of their own with armor, weapons and skills specific to them
- Nintendo 3DS touch screen features - Provides easy access to in-game books, weapons, field maps and mini games, as well as the useful target lock option that auto-focuses on a main enemy
- Exchange your information - Send and receive guild cards with fellow hunters via the Nintendo StreetPass™ function
- Hunters for hire - Use the local Nintendo 3DS search feature to search for other hunters nearby
One Monster Hunter 4G's many improvements is the simple addition of MORE monsters - adding 8 new large monsters to the roster: 7 of them being subspecies of existing monsters and 1 being a flying Wyvern. The total monster tally, including these additions, is 88 total monsters in the game: 22 small monsters and 66 large ones. Expect to see many of the biggest and baddest monsters returning to the series like Apceros, Diablos, and Hermitaur to name a few!
Capcom has been collaborating with what seems like most of the Japanese gaming industry to add some very famous characters to the game! SEGA will be lending Sonic to 4G, giving your felyne companion a full makeover in blue hedgehog attire - including a one-handed blade based off Sonic’s weapon from Sonic and the Black Knight. You can also show off your love for Green Hill Zone with a special guild card for you and your companion to pose for and pass out using Streetpass.
Magi are also adding their flavor to the game by including themed weapons that players will be able to equip like Aladdin's staff and Alibaba's sword Amon. Additionally, collaboration quests will be included in the game as well, and players will be able to obtain a Magi-themed Guild Card.
Legend of Zelda's Link will be showing off his outfit from Skyward Sword, including his Master Sword and Hyrule Shield, which will also be available as equipment. There is no restrictions when it comes to mixing and matching, so a Link with classic Monster Hunter weapons will be a must for us.
Even characters from the beloved Animal Crossing will be making an appearance by bringing in everyone's favorite mayoral aide, Isabella, as well as Mr. Resetti as Felyne costumes. From the video footage there is potential for equal parts cute and scary!
We will also be getting a special Hunting Horn weapon themed after Bandai Namco's Taiko Drum Master series. Please do note that the exact release date and availability of all the special DLC is unknown, especially for non-JPN versions. Capcom have assured fans that they will be releasing DLC on a regular basis.
And just most recently announced: the anime Seven Deadly Sins will be lending the look of Medliodas' Dragon Handle weapon to the Sword and Shield weapon ingame, which can be obtained by completing a collaboration/collection quest.
Monster Hunter 4G will feature online multiplayer and as an added bonus owners of the previous title Monster Hunter 4 will be able to transfer their save files to Monster Hunter 4G! Please note that the save feature only confirmed for Japanese versions of the game.
|Official Release Date||Feb 13, 2015|
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
'Monster Hunter 4G' is out this week! Filled with new monsters & crossover love!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - January 20th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - July 25th
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - March 23rd!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - March 2nd!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - November 17th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - October 30th!
Localized 'Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate' versions are open for Pre-order, release in March!
Monster Hunter returns to the 3DS, bigger and better than before!
Official Website (Japanese)
Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate - Launch Trailer (YouTube)
|Average rating:||(5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
Really fun game, the only bad thing is : unable to change language.
Thanks for the customer service efficiency, the package arrived in good condition but hope that the items in the box should put it tightly. Very new to the game.
New to the game, getting to it still, and it is fantastic.
Recommended for those who want to try it out.
This game is nice but it still needs improvements.
MH4 is pretty cool game!
I'm begineer in this game, but I much enjoyed to played the game.
I recommend this for Your New 3DS.
C stick very useful for this game.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.