My Own Private Idaho
~River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, James Russo, William Richert, Rodney Harvey, Chiara Caselli
Once bought, this item cannot be cancelled or returned.
Price: US$ 33.99
Our previous price:
You save: US$ 1.00 (3%)
|add to cart||or||save for later|
|Official Release Date||Oct 06, 2015|
|Starring||River Phoenix, Keanu Reeves, James Russo, William Richert, Rodney Harvey, Chiara Caselli|
|Director||Gus Van Sant|
|Audio||DTS-HD Master Audio 2.0, Dolby Digital 5.1|
|Running Time||104 Minutes|
Restricted - Viewers younger than 17 require accompaniment of a parent or adult guardian.
- New, restored 4K digital transfer, approved by director Gus Van Sant and director of photography Eric Alan Edwards, with 2.0 surround DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Alternate 5.1 DTS-HD Master Audio soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Illustrated 2005 audio conversation between Van Sant and filmmaker Todd Haynes
- The Making of “My Own Private Idaho,” a 2005 documentary featuring cast and crew
- Kings of the Road, a 2005 interview with film scholar Paul Arthur on Van Sant’s adaptation of Shakespeare’s Henry IV and Orson Welles’s Chimes at Midnight
- Conversation from 2005 between producer Laurie Parker and actor River Phoenix’s sister Rain
- Audio conversation from 2005 between writer JT LeRoy and filmmaker Jonathan Caouette
- Deleted scenes
- PLUS: A book featuring essays by film critic Amy Taubin and LeRoy; a 1991 article by Lance Loud; and reprinted interviews with Van Sant, Phoenix, and actor Keanu Reeves
River Phoenix and Keanu Reeves star in this haunting tale from Gus Van Sant about two young street hustlers: Mike Waters, a sensitive narcoleptic who dreams of the mother who abandoned him, and Scott Favor, the wayward son of the mayor of Portland and the object of Mike’s desire. Navigating a volatile world of junkies, thieves, and johns, Mike takes Scott on a quest along the grungy streets and open highways of the Pacific Northwest, in search of an elusive place called home. Visually dazzling and thematically groundbreaking, My Own Private Idaho is a deeply moving look at unrequited love and life on society’s margins.