- All 30 NHL teams and players: Pick your favorite team and thump your opponents with the aggressive style of gameplay found only in NHL Face Off 2001.
- Exclusive NHL legends: Play as or against 13 retired NHL legends including “Mr. Hockey” Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Marcel Dionne, Dennis Potvin, Guy LeFleur, Stan Makita, Doug Harvey, Mike Bossy, Red Kelly, Jacques Plante, Pierre Pilote, and Bryan Trottier.
- More than 1,000 animations: The PlayStation 2 version of FaceOff 2001 has 5 times the animations as the PS one title. There are 500+ skater animations, 180+ goalie animations, and multiple-penalty animations including hooking, holding, and slashing.
- Intimidating player models: Player models run at 2,500 polygons per second and have every subtle detail imaginable. Players look, move, and react the way they do on ice. Kariya is lightening fast. Stevens hits like a truck. And you feel Blake's devastating hip check.
- New Shoot Out mode: Perhaps the most electrifying moment in hockey, the shootout, challenges the nerves of both scorers and goaltenders. Do you have what it takes to go top shelf or through the 5-hole in front of 20,000 screaming fans?
- New Practice mode: Gamers can sharpen their passing, shooting, skating, and checking skills before entering a grueling, physical NHL game. Practice formats range from 3-on-3 to 6-on-6.
- New Tournament mode: Fans of the international teams battle it out against the world's best teams and vie for the right to be the best hockey team in the world. National anthems, classic uniforms, and the world's best players are included. You think the Rangers and Islanders make for an intense rivalry--how about the Russians vs. the Americans?
- New Draft mode: So, you think you can recognize hockey talent, huh? Assume the responsibilities of a GM by drafting and trading players with the ultimate goal of building a championship-caliber team.
Without a mouthpiece, you will lose a tooth!
Lace up your skates and get physical in NHL Face Off 2001. Choose from 30 different NHL teams, including the new Minnesota Wild and Columbus Blue Jackets, and battle for the Stanley Cup. Play as or against 13 retired NHL legends including Mr. Hockey Gordie Howe, Bobby Hull, Phil Esposito, Marcel Dionne and more. Four new play modes including Tournament, ShootOut, Practice and Draft combined with fast, fluid game play make FaceOff 2001 the hockey game for PlayStation2.
|Official Release Date||Feb 05, 2001|