- New 4K digital transfer, with uncompressed monaural soundtrack on the Blu-ray
- Excerpt from a 1994 audio interview with director Alain Resnais
- New interview with filmmaker Joshua Oppenheimer
- Face aux fantomes, a ninety-nine-minute 2009 documentary featuring historian Sylvie Lindeperg that explores the French memory of the Holocaust and the controversy surrounding the film’s release
- New English subtitle translation
- PLUS: An essay by film scholar Colin MacCabe
descriptionTen years after the liberation of the Nazi concentration camps, filmmaker Alain Resnais documented the abandoned grounds of Auschwitz and Majdanek in Night and Fog (Nuit et brouillard), one of the first cinematic reflections on the Holocaust. Juxtaposing the stillness of the abandoned camps’ empty buildings with haunting wartime footage, Resnais investigates humanity’s capacity for violence, and presents the devastating suggestion that such horrors could occur again.
|Official Release Date||Jul 19, 2016|
|Running Time||31 minutes|
Please send me an E-Mail when ...