- Please note that these screenshots are all based on PSV Japanese version & does not represent as final screenshots!
- Ragnarok Odyssey is back with tons of new content - With additional story elements, huge new bosses, uncharted areas, fresh weapons and much more, Ragnarok Odyssey ACE goes well beyond an extended edition as the game has evolved exponentially
- Enhanced battle mechanics for more customization and firepower - Weapons can be customized in both strength and appearance, and the addition of new job-specific ACE skills ensures that players have the tools necessary to take on the more powerful giants, dragons, and trickster spirits
- Create a battle party even in single-player mode - With the new mercenary system, players can hire their own mercenaries to help take on the toughest bosses without having to find players online for aid
- A constantly evolving experience, both online and off - The addition of the Tower of Yggdrasil creates a unique experience each time by featuring randomly generated levels, and post-launch updates will offer new online quests and other fresh content
Since ancient times, the realm of mankind and the remote Sundered Land lay separated by the “Millennium Peaks”-- a range of mountains too high for even the loftiest dragon to traverse. Mankind had always wondered what secrets those mountains held and what wonders lay beyond their jagged cliffs. But on one tragic day, that curiosity turned to mortal terror.
With a roar that thundered throughout the land, the mountains trembled. A gap appeared in the Millennium Peaks, unveiling ancient ruins from the era of the gods. Shaking like the earth, mankind beheld the secret of the Sundered Land: A vast army of giants that poured forth in a rage and crushed all who stood in their path. The people of Rune Midgard rallied to their military banners, as all from royal knights to lowly sellswords took up arms against the giants. With dauntless strategies and irrepressible spirit, humanity fought a grueling campaign against their massive foes, finally driving them back beyond the outpost known as Fort Farthest. The mercenaries of the fort contained the giants on the other side of a huge fortified wall, and for a time, victory seemed within humanity’s grasp.
But then another clap of thunder rang out across the countryside as a giant stone gate exploded out of Yggdrasil, the World Tree. This gate brought with it new threats, but also new possibilities, opening up the Tower of Yggdrasil to human curiosity and ambition. Those who seek a greater challenge than mere giants may have it, as within Yggdrasil dwells a mysterious new foe, a figure whom some identify as the arbiter of life and death itself...
|Official Release Date||Apr 01, 2014|
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.
Daily Sale Alert: Recently Discounted - June 8th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - August 11st!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - December 17th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - January 27th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - November 24th!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - October 23rd!
Daily Sale: Recently Discounted - September 8th!
PRE-ORDER HIGHLIGHTS: Wolfenstein: The New Order, Bullet Soul Infinite Burst, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (US), and Kamen Rider Battride War II!
RELEASE HIGHLIGHTS: NAtURAL DOCtRINE, MLB '14 The Show, and Ragnarok Odyssey Ace (US)!
WEEKLY SPECIAL: Shin Megami Tensei IV, Conception II, Ragnarok Odyssey Ace, and MUCH MUCH MORE!
Official Website (Japanese)
Ragnarok Odyssey ACE on PS3 and PS Vita (YouTube)
|Average rating:||(4.5 out of 5)|
Please note that opinions expressed in any review are those of our customers and do not necessarily match those of the Play-Asia.com team.
The game is really good not much to look but nice to try something different
Subject as I expected. Perfect. Excellent seller. Beautiiful videogame.
The graphics are not very good, the plot is good, the gameplay is very good, some enemies seem taken from disney, a good buy, many hours of entertainment. Worth the buy.
The game in itself isn't beautiful compared to what's available on PS3.
But it's really fun to play.
Just like my review for the VITA one,
If you like Monster Hunter, Toukiden, and God Eater, this is the right game for you. Also, you don't have to be bothered with the original ver. as this one includes everything from the beginning of the series. As for the ACE part, this game packed with tons of new stories, quests, bosses, costumes, weapons, cards, skills etc.
The only main differences I discovered myself while playing with both are that PS3 has NO ad-hoc and NEAR functionality, but it has brighter and more colorful graphics.
Honestly, if i'm on a budget I'd prefer PSV ver. because of the ad-hoc and NEAR functionality. Unless you are really INTO "stunning graphics" and don't give a damn about ad-hoc or NEAR, then go get the PS3 ver.
Log in or create account to post your own reviews.