- The Eras - From the 19th century to the 21st, each era carries its own challenges and opportunities. Begin your reign during colonial times and advance your nation through the modern era and into the future!
- The Dynasty – Each member of El Presidente’s extended family is present on the island and may be appointed to key leadership positions, earning skills and experience in their assigned roles
- Research and Renovate - Advance your nation by discovering new buildings, technologies and resources. Transform your old buildings into modernized, hyper-efficient designs worthy of an economic superpower!
- Advanced trade system and trade fleet - Amass a global trade fleet and use your ships to secure import/export trade routes to neighbouring islands and key nations
- Explore your island - Discover what lies beyond the fog of war. Send prospectors to look for new mineral and ore deposits, but be wary of hostile animals and native tribes
- All new art - All artwork is reworked to provide Tropico 5 with a distinct historic visual identity. Choose from over 100 unique buildings from each of the individual eras
- Cooperative and competitive multiplayer – Up to four players can build up their own cities and economies on any given island map. Players can share resources and citizens, or declare war on each other
From Old Fashioned Shacks to Gleaming Skyscrapers:
Long time running Tropico series takes strategy games to a whole new level in Tropico 5! This newest installment of the famous series by Haemimont Games lets players take their Tropico adventures from the early 1800 all the way to the near future. Enjoy a different kind of construction and management simulation game that brilliantly combines a long spanning timeline with technological advancements for each era, a dynastic type of governance and exciting multiplayer capabilities that all add up to a totally enjoyable gaming experience!
More than just building:
Play as El Presidente, the ruler of the infamous Tropico Island and journey through time as you build your island from scratch. Overcome new challenges, attend to your people’s needs and tackle opposing factions in your term while laying a solid foundation for your dynasty. Keep up with technology, trading, and infrastructural advancements as inevitable changes continue to push through over time. Experience the game’s remarkable graphical upgrade and enjoy a much detailed environment. For the first ever in the series Tropico 5 features cooperative or competitive multiplayer that lets up to four players battle or complement each player’s island. Discover a lot more exciting treats in the bountiful land of Tropico!
|Official Release Date||Jun 17, 2014|
Titles rated T (Teen) have content that may be suitable for ages 13 and older. Titles in this category may contain violence, suggestive themes, crude humor, minimal blood, simulated gambling, and/or infrequent use of strong language.