- LGA1151 socket for 6th-gen Intel® Core™ desktop processors.
- Dual DDR4 3866 (OC) support.
- Best gaming performance – Intuitive OC Panel II, 5-Way Optimization with Auto-Tuning, Pro Clock, second-generation T-Topology and Extreme Engine Digi+.
- Best gaming audio – Reinvented SupremeFX 2015 with intuitive Sonic Studio II.
- Best gaming networking – Best-in-class Intel® Gigabit Ethernet, LANGuard and GameFirst technologies.
- Best gaming connectivity — Thunderbolt™ 3, 3x3 802.11ac Wi-Fi , NVMe U.2, M.2, SATA Express and USB 3.1 Type-A and Type-C for extreme-speed transfers and total compatibility.
- Best gaming protection – Carefully-selected premium components for maximum durability.
The MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME Motherboard from ASUS is designed to fit in cases that support an Extended ATX form factor. The 12.0 x 10.7" MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME supports 6th Generation (Skylake) Intel Core i7, i5, i3, Pentium, and Celeron processors, the LGA 1151 socket, as well as the Intel Z170 chipset. This motherboard supports Windows 10 (64-bit), 8.1 (64-bit), and 7 (32 & 64-bit), and through its OC Panel, offers real-time monitoring and tweaking.
|Official Release Date||Sep 16, 2015|
|Catalog No.||MAXIMUS VIII EXTREME|
|Product Measures||30.5cm x 27.2cm x 5cm|