The Familiar Is Out And The Unknown Is In With Portal Knights
Nintendo™ Switch – US & EU – PRE-ORDER NOW!
The familiar is out. The fantastic unknown is in. Enter the world of the unknown this 2018 with Portal Knights in Nintendo Switch.
|Portal Knights (Nintendo™ Switch, US)||US$ 29.99 pre|
|Portal Knights (Nintendo™ Switch, EUR)||US$ 29.99 pre|
Most people would associate sandbox-type of games with building elements, combat, and crafting. But how you stereotype such kind of games will probably change with Portal Knights. The survival action RPG which was published by 505 Games and developed by Keen Games was first released for PS4 and Xbox One. And this 2018, it will be heading its way to Nintendo Switch.
Despite Portal Knight being closely compared with Minecraft for some reason, the game is not really particular about building. Instead, it focuses more on exploring, crafting materials, as well as in working your way towards the story of the game. RPG-like elements are the main foundation of the game. As you start, you can be a Mage, Ranger, or a Warrior. For you to gain more experience, you need to explore the minds and defeat the monsters. In turn, the experience points that you’ll get will help in skills upgrade and improvement when it comes to exploration and combat.
More so, there are worlds where you will battle with monsters. At times, they come without notice and your only choices are either to defeat them or run away. As you progress, defeating these monsters is quite a pain in the neck. And yes, it will be quite frustrating when you aren’t able to progress because you are not able to defeat these monsters. Hence, it is very important to gain more experience and invest in your weapons.
The good thing with Portal Knights being offered in Nintendo Switch is the fact that you can play the game either by yourself or with somebody else with the use of split-screen co-op. Another option available is by playing it with up to 3 more players online. So obviously, the saying “two heads are better than one” will go a long way in seizing monsters.
- RPG character classes to choose from and master: Play as a Warrior, Mage or Ranger and customise your appearance, abilities, and gear. Unlock powerful talents as you level up
- Tactical action combat: Strike your foes and dodge their attacks in fast-paced 3rd-person battles. Outwit each enemy’s unique AI by matching unique class attack styles to your battle strategies
- Explore unique environments and uncover the lore of each land: Rebuild the ancient gateways and meet NPC characters, complete quests or discover new resources for crafting. Explore caves, lakes, and dungeons filled with surprises
- Random Events: Adventure in an ever-changing landscape. Complete new quests and earn exclusive items at random events across the worlds
- Gather resources to craft your arsenal and supplies: Upgrade your crafting stations to expand your recipe list to 100+ items. Craft rare items to aid you in your journey
- Build grand structures and show off your creative side: Rebuild houses from across the worlds to store your hard-earned treasure or unlock vacant islands where you can construct impressive buildings to show off to your friends
- Epic boss battles: Face off against the Portal Guardians, the most formidable beasts in the realm, in their twisted arenas
- Join your friends in 4-person cooperative multiplayer or local wireless and 2 player split-screen: Work together to explore dungeons, build structures and overcome the toughest perils. Split-screen requires an extra pair of Joy-Con or Pro Controller