Praise the Sun! Dark Souls Remastered for Switch is Set to Launch in October
Dark Souls Remastered
Nintendo™ Switch – US, EU, AU, ASIA & JAPAN
Team handheld, are you ready to finally begin your Lordran journey?
Initially, Dark Souls Remastered for Switch was supposedly set to release alongside the other versions of the game on May. Yet, last April, Bandai Namco announced that the game will be pushed back to summer 2018. And yesterday, Bandai Namco is pleased to announce the good news for the on-the-go buddies.
The wait is almost over, folks. Early yesterday morning, Bandai Namco revealed on its Twitter Account that Dark Souls Remastered is ready to be on-the-go on October 19th. Along with it, Bandai Namco also revealed that the Solaire of Astora amiibo will be released on the same day.
You can check out the official announcement below.
Praise The Sun! DARK SOULS: Remastered for #NintendoSwitch and the Solaire of Astora amiibo will launch on Oct. 19th! Journey to Lordran and experience the groundbreaking action-RPG on the go!
An online Network Test will be scheduled prior to release. Stay tuned for more info. pic.twitter.com/WE1xNmLi0j
— Bandai Namco US (@BandaiNamcoUS) August 14, 2018
The Nintendo Switch version of the game will receive a 1080p resolution when docked in TV mode. And if you’re playing in the main handheld console, you’ll get a 720p resolution.
Furthermore, Dark Souls Remastered for Switch will run at 30 frames per second in both TV and handheld mode. Also, it can support up to 6 players in the online mode. And instead of a P2P system, a game server will be used to connect players online.
All DLC will also be included in this version. You can check out the specification table below, by Nintendo.
Prior to its launch date, Dark Souls Remastered will undergo an online network test. However, Bandai Namco hasn’t announced its final date yet. But you should definitely take this opportunity before buying the game to see how it runs on the system.
WHERE TO PRE-ORDER
You can pre-order the Nintendo Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered here at Play-Asia.com. Reserve your copies now.
And, if you want to have a copy of the PS4 and Xbox One version of the game, you can also get it here on our website. Grab yours now.
Let’s check out how’s the gaming community went after hearing the news.
This is a serious survey that may be used in an upcoming video so please answer honestly. Are you still going to buy Dark Souls Remastered on Switch after this long of a delay?
— DreamcastGuy (@DreamcastGuy) August 15, 2018
I normally dont get upset for delays but Dark Souls Remastered on Switch is an exception
— Soul Kiwami (@soul_societyy) August 14, 2018
So, I’m just thinking out loud here. But I wouldn’t be half surprised if the physical version of Dark Souls Remastered on Switch becomes a bit of a rarity in stock. Similar to Octopath. I’d recommend grabbing your preorders now JUST in case.
— Rob-Rule of 2 Review (@Ruleof2Review) August 14, 2018
I haven't really heard much good things about Dark Souls Remastered but I have to get it on Switch because I can't resist portable Dark Souls
— Hannes (@Rucean) August 14, 2018
My thoughts on Dark Souls Remastered being delayed on Switch:
Worst case: It's never coming out
Most likely case: They're releasing it alongside paid online this fall
Best case: Solaire is in Smash Ultimate, and they're holding out for a dual announcement
— Jesse McMinn (@McMinnJesse) August 13, 2018
Dark Souls Remastered is coming to Switch 19th October. Sweet!
— Jordan@SwitchWatch (@SoWhatAboutGame) August 14, 2018
The Switch version of Dark Souls Remastered is releasing on Oct. 19th, 2018. Along with the Solaire amiibo. Finally. #darksoulsremastered
— Shadowhaxor 'Notice me Senpai' (@Shadowhaxor) August 14, 2018
I forgot that Dark Souls Remastered is still coming to the Switch
— help (@GBASPGamer) August 13, 2018
When Dark Souls Remastered on Switch comes out a week before Red Dead 2 pic.twitter.com/2hAfwCzxIn
— Sean (@HuckelCommaSean) August 14, 2018
Dark Souls Remastered on the Switch is going to be interesting because it's gonna be the first new platform for the game in a long time. Lots of potential for both good and bad developments. Thing I'm looking forward to the most would be the new playerbase.
— The Urban Orb (@TheUrbanOrb) August 15, 2018
For more information about the game, you can see it here below.
- Deep and Dark Universe – Delve into an epic dark fantasy universe stricken by decline and the Curse. Explore its intricate world design – full of hidden passages, dungeons, and secrets – and uncover its deeply rooted lore
- Each End is a New Beginning – Each playthrough surprises you with new challenges and unexpected facets of the game. Don’t bet on completing the game only once
- Gameplay Richness and Possibilities – Hundreds of unique combinations of weaponry, armor, magic and crafting options to create your own playstyle and gaming experience
- The sense of Learning, Mastering, and Accomplishment – From your first steps to the mastery, build your character while refining your playing skills. Learn to strategize freely and experience the rewarding taste of overcoming daunting foes
- The Way of the Multiplayer (Up to 6 Players with Dedicated Servers*) Whatever your motivations are to play online – collaboration or confrontation, support or betrayal – you’ll find your true home among the nine covenants. Which allegiance will you choose? *All 4 platforms will have dedicated servers. *All 4 platforms will have dedicated servers
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!