Death’s Gambit PlayStation 4 Retail Version is Coming Out in 2019!
PlayStation 4™ – US & EU
Last August 14 this year, developer White Rabbit‘s Castlevania-like 2D action adventure game, Death’s Gambit, launched successfully to the PS4 via the PSN Store and PC via Steam. It is a game published by Adult Swim Games which generally received positive reviews from various critics around the globe.
With this, a new opportunity for the game knocks on its door when publisher Skybound Games officially announced their partnership with Adult Swim Games. Skybound Games is pleased to announce that they will be bringing Death’s Gambit to PlayStation 4.
According to the publisher’s press release, Adult Swim Games VP, Jeff Olsen, is beyond excited to partner with Skybound Games in distributing Death’s Gambit on PS4. He added, “The game has a passionate fanbase, and we know that a physical release from Skybound will be welcome news to them.”
And, Adult Swim even posted this great news on their Twitter account to let the fans know. Check it out below.
Hey Death’s Gambit fans: A physical version of Death’s Gambit is coming for PlayStation 4. We have not confirmed any other platforms/versions at this time. This press release has the correct details, but some articles do not: https://t.co/WGobUyUiHy
— [adult swim] games (@adultswimgames) August 20, 2018
On the other hand, Skybound Games CEO Ian Howe also shared that Death’s Gambit is actually one of the best representation of an independent game development and that they are very thrilled to bring the game to retail.
What is the game all about?
The promise of immortality lies at the heart of Siradon. As Death’s right hand, defy the immortal guardians of the kingdom and survive the eternal battle to purge their lives. But what reward awaits a loyal slave of Death?
Death’s Gambit is an impressive hardcore 2D action platformer with intense RPG elements. Test your fighting skills and master the precise combat. Use a wide variety of weapons and skills to face the horrors that prowl deep within Siradon. Explore a dark and cruel world to unseal the real value of immortality.
Where to Pre-order the game?
Death’s Gambit will be available in 2019. Pre-order for this game is available here at Playasia.com. Are you ready to embrace the challenge of being Death’s agent? Click the button below and reserve your copies now!
Enjoy watching the reveal trailer for the retail version of the game below.
- Expansive World – Travel across the beautifully rendered Obsidian Vale, Witch Woods, Sanguine City, and more. Meet quirky characters from all walks of life, and uncover their narrative threads and secrets.
- Character Classes – Choose from seven playable classes, level up, pick your favorite talents from the skill tree, adapt your strategies, and improve your chances of survival.
- Incredible Bosses – Hunt towering monsters and other creatures of legend. Each boss is a test of skill, requiring unique strategies to defeat.
- Non-Linear Exploration – Explore levels and bosses in a non-linear order, discover side areas with more secrets to unravel and enemies to purge.
- Character Customization – Outfit your character with over 10 weapon types including bows, scythes, longswords, halberds and more. Harness 30 weapon abilities and spells to create your own build.
- Heroic Mode – Defeated bosses experience a second wind in an exponentially harder heroic mode accessible immediately after defeating them. Give yourself an all-new challenge and master their new abilities.
- Evocative Score – Experience an intricately crafted score composed by Kyle Hnedak, that sets the tone for Death’s Gambit‘s world with over 2 hours of evocative music.
- New Game Plus – Complete Death’s Gambit to unlock New Game+ in brackets of three to set your own difficulty, and endure the struggle all over again.
Let’s see who are deeply in love with this game!
I hope to see you work with retail or limited partners for pool panic switch and rain world and Viking ps4 !! Great work
— Morfid plays (@Morfid_plays) August 20, 2018
Switch port plz 🙁
— Kevin Clark (@nezlok) August 26, 2018
oh crap,can't wait for death gambit…i will bought the digital,in the future the physical!
— Castelo (@castelarbr) August 21, 2018
— Castelo (@castelarbr) August 21, 2018
I bought the digital release but will buy switch and ps4 physical copies
— F-REAL1000 (@Samus_1000) August 20, 2018
Holy crap! @Deaths_Gambit is legit one of the best 2D action platformers I’ve ever played! So much fun! So happy i waited the last year in excitement! #DeathsGambit #feelsgoodman #Newgame #platformer pic.twitter.com/mDu3DAoc70
— Factoid [Team TBD] (@factoid_twitch) August 15, 2018
This game is going to make you break your controller, get grounded, and then get mad at yourself because you can’t keep playing it. You’ll be able to spend plenty of wholesome, quality, family-friendly time with my characters. I can assure you. #deathsgambit pic.twitter.com/bBCdW7C7r7
— Evan Smith (@evansmithvo) May 11, 2018
I started #DeathsGambit yesterday. I liked the self-aware humor and it looks like a great, fun soulslike.
My favorite character is the grumpy tsundere lizard. pic.twitter.com/W9WYbCglhs
— Wendiego Valenzilla (@TheDamnBeast) September 21, 2018
Been playing through @Deaths_Gambit for some time. Really like Sorun's design, nice job @JeanCanellas and @KeiKube .#fanart #deathsgambit #Videogame #gaming #knight #sword #SHIELD pic.twitter.com/Wb6bXcevSV
— KALAMØS (@KALAM0S) August 28, 2018
— Tofu-Testing (@TofuTesting) August 2, 2018
I'll just leave these here while I go for dinner.
— Save Wizard for PS4 MAX (@ps4savewizard) August 19, 2018
Its time for something new! #DeathsGambit blind first playthrough starting now! Heard great things and it was gifted by the wonderful @Jess1ekins. Lets do this!#FAFNIR #OTSSCommunity #TeamEmmmsie #WeAreHive #SupportSmallStreamers #SupportAllStreamers https://t.co/9aAXhyXXDk pic.twitter.com/DzRvQZMYFR
— Cho5en_Undead [FAFNIR] [OTSS] (@Cho5en_Undead) August 19, 2018
Are you excited to get the physical version of this game? RESERVE YOUR COPIES NOW!
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!