Red Dead Redemption II: Rockstar Discusses the Portrayal of Women in the Game
Red Dead Redemption II
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US, EU, AU, JAPAN & ASIA
We are two weeks away to witness the masterpiece of Rockstar‘s Red Dead Redemption II. And in the onset, some of the video game industry friends raise a question on how women will be portrayed in Red Dead Redemption II.
Rockstar Games Co-Founder and Vice President of Creativity Sam Houser has revealed a ton of new information for the upcoming action-adventure game Red Dead Redemption II in a recent interview with Vulture. Along with the content and longevity of the game, the Rockstar Co-Founder also talked about the roles and the portrayal of women in this game.
Rockstar has revealed that some of the women characters in Red Dead Redemption II have been featured in various subsequent trailers and promotion materials. When Vulture asked about the woman’s portrayal in the game story, the Rockstar co-Founder confidently answered that people would be satisfied with the depiction of women.
Here’s the explanation of the portrayal of women by the Rockstar Co-Founder below.
This old intellectual called Lillian Powell, who’s come back to the South from New York, who’s almost like a Dorothy Parker character. There are also ones who are weak and ones who are weak and become strong and ones who think they’re strong but are not. And that goes for men, too.
It was a time when women were beginning to question [their roles], and the Wild West was an area where people could invent themselves for the first time; many of the people who were inventing themselves were women. They were no longer constrained by society, because there was no society.
We are about the witness the portrayal of the women in Red Dead Redemption II on October 26th for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Click the button below to pre-order yours now!
The PS4 Pro Bundle for Red Dead Redemption II is not yet available for pre-orders, folks. But please wait for it.
- PlayStation 4 Pro 1TB HDD (Jet Black) x 1
- DualShock 4 x 1
- PS4 Game: Red Dead Redemption 2 x 1
- Mono Headset x 1
- Power Cord x 1
- HDMI Cable x 1
- USB Cable x 1
Read more about the game here.
PS: Thanks, Dualshockers!
- Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland
- The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience
- The Van der Linde Gang – A gang of outlaws, renegades, and misfits, bonded together under the charismatic and idealistic Dutch van der Linde. They have chosen to live outside the law and now fear it may be catching up with them
- The Frontier, Cities & Towns – Discover some of the towns dotted across the vast and varied landscape of Red Dead Redemption 2; from the forests of West Elizabeth to the mountains of Ambarino to the plains of New Hanover to the swamps of Lemoyne
- Wildlife – The diverse habitats and climates of Red Dead Redemption 2 are home to around 200 species of animals, birds, and fish, all of which behave and respond to their environment in a unique way. Deer, bison and pronghorn traverse the plains in large herds, scavengers quickly sniff out carrion, sockeye salmon leap upstream, wolves attack in packs surrounding their prey, geese fly in fixed formations, possums play dead, rodents scamper into tree hollows, grizzly bears bluff charge when threatened, and birds of prey soar on thermals. They all form part of a complex ecosystem and must continually fight for their place on the food chain. The wilderness is at once a bountiful and perilous place, for both man and beast, and any predator can quickly turn prey
Why not sign up for our newsletter and
be informed of our exclusive deals and upcoming sales first? Click the button below!