Killer 7 – Now Available on Steam at a Discount Price Until Nov. 22 Only!
The Assassins are now officially back.
Killer 7 on Steam is a remastered version of the original game way back in 2005 for the PlayStation 2, which means, it is an improved version of the original one. So, we should expect that the graphics and performance of the Steam version are fully reworked for the modern gaming period.
In fact, NIS America highlighted some of the noteworthy updates for the PC version of the game in an email to the press. You can find it below.
- All drawn animation sequences have been upgraded to fit the 16:9 aspect ratio of modern computers.
- The entire game is rendered at 60 frames per second, excluding the “reload” animation. Increasing the frames to 60 per second during the reload animation introduced unwanted artifacts at every other frame, so in order to “keep the behavior true to the original,” the animation has been locked at 30 frames per second.
- Key bindings can be reconfigured through a variety of options. Some of the actions that make the game a more natural experience for keyboard and mouse users have also been split up. For example, “Walk,” “Accept,” and “Fire” were originally bound to the A button on GameCube, but can now be split into individual button configurations, such as walking with the W key and firing with the left mouse button.
- Players can quickly swap between Harman’s different personas using the number keys 1 to 6 on the keyboard. (This can also be configured.)
And to celebrate the comeback of this cult-classic action adventure game from the legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami and from the iconoclast writer/director SUDA51, NIS America released a launch trailer for the game. You can watch it below.
Killer 7 is now available on Steam with a 10% discount for its launch week, which will cost you $17.99 only. The game will change to its regular price of $19.99 on the 22nd of November. Get your Steam digital gift cards here at Playasia and better get a copy of the game now while it’s on discount!
Killer 7 is a unique game that follows the role of a person named Harman Smith. Harman Smith is a man who manifests seven personalities known as the Killer 7. This means all of the members of the Killer 7 are all really him, transformed into these different personalities. Smith’s goal is to hunt down the wicked Kun Lan and to put an end to his group of deadly suicide bombers called “Heaven Smile.”
So, if you’ve missed the previous trailer for the game, you can watch it here below followed by its other details.
From the minds of iconoclast writer/director SUDA51 (Goichi Suda) and legendary directors Hiroyuki Kobayashi and Shinji Mikami, killer7 returns for the first time in over 13 years! From the legendary studio Grasshopper Manufacture, Ltd. comes a cult classic adventure game that cemented the studio in international fame and recognition. Dive into a dark world of underground assassins in a tale of revenge as Harman Smith, a man who manifests 7 deadly personalities into the real world, known as the killer7. Take control of this distinct murderers’ row as they hunt down the sinister Kun Lan, to stop his plan of world dominance, and end his organization of deadly suicide bombers known as “Heaven Smile.”
- Multiple Personalities – Take control of Harman’s seven distinct personalities, each with their own appearance, personality, a weapon of choice and special ability.
- A Sinister Foe – Face off against the “Heaven Smile” organization in a unique combination of third and first-person shooting mechanics.
- Killer Moves – Utilize the full host of the Killer7‘s special abilities to reveal secrets and solve puzzles.
- A Killer Style – A timeless visual style that wowed audiences from its first reveal, perfectly ported to modern machines.
Let’s see if there are any gamers out there who are interested in this game.
This game has been calling out to me, begging for a revisit.
I love Suda51, that crazy basterd.
Developer: Grasshopper Manufacture
— AggroSloth (@AggroSloth) September 17, 2018
— DascuMaru (@DascuMaru) September 17, 2018
— ValhallaX27 (@ValhallaX27) September 17, 2018
— Jordan M. Lacroix (@JordanMLacroix) September 17, 2018
— Cucholix (@Cucholix) September 15, 2018
— LaCosa Entertainment (@LaCosaEnt) September 12, 2018
— Elite Bear Agents (@Bearpigman) May 27, 2018
— gibson (@GibsonFreak49) August 11, 2017
Do you know that HK accounts will provide you with the same game and comes at a cheaper price? Cool, right? Well, you better check our feature here to know more about its wonders.
Want to know more about our exclusive deals and upcoming sales? Sign up for our newsletter and be the first to know all the great deals we can offer!