Crystal Crisis – The Ultimate Puzzle Battle Throwdown! | Pre-order Now
Nintendo™ Switch – US
Last May, Nicalis announced their upcoming colorful puzzle fighting game, Crystal Crisis, which is a crossover of various well-known Nicalis characters. Crystal Crisis is designed for the Nintendo Switch console and is coming out digitally and physically.
Crystal Crisis is a color-matching fighting game that throws the players in the battleground for a one-on-one fighting game. But unlike other fighting games, you won’t be pressing buttons to kick and punch, instead, you will be matching similarly-colored gems to wreak havoc your opponent.
By matching gems and unleashing powerful combos, you can fill up your “burst gauge” that can trigger powerful, ground-breaking hits that will smash your enemy into pieces. Moreover, according to Nicalis, there’s a new innovative “wrap-around” feature which allows players move a falling piece beyond the edge of the playfield to reappear on the other side; you can even divide it into two separate gems by allowing it to drop while the two halves are straddling the border.
Players can choose from 19 different playable characters, including several notable characters from the franchise such as favorites from Cave Story and The Binding of Isaac. The current roster is listed as follows:
- Quote, Curly Brace and Ballos (from Cave Story)
- Isaac (from The Binding of Isaac)
- Atom and Black Jack (from Tezuka Productions)
- Princess Solange (from Code of Princess EX and Blade Strangers)
- Aban, Tina and Jim Hawkins (from 1001 Spikes)
- President Thompson and a Zombie (from The Tempura of the Dead)
- Akuji (from Akuji the Demon)
- Knight (from Hydra Castle Labyrinth)
- Johnny Turbo (notorious TurboDuo spokesman)
Newly-created characters from other Nicalis games in development will also be in included in the roster of Crystal Crisis. You can see the list below.
- Helen – a noble warrior inspired by Greek mythology (also appearing in Blade Strangers)
- Hunter – a whip-wielding vampire killer
- Elise – a bat-winged gothic vampire girl
- Ninja – a mysterious and acrobatic shinobi
Furthermore, Crystal Crisis will feature various game modes such as the standard Arcade, Survival, Tag-Team and Training modes. Of course, the local and online multiplayer features will also be included in the game for you to compete against friends, family members and Crystal Crisis warriors around the globe!
Where to Pre-order?
Although there is still no concrete release date for this game, the US physical version is now open for pre-order here at Playasia. Pre-Order Crystal Crisis and receive a Launch Edition of a Full-color instruction booklet and Bonus goodies.
And, if you want to get the game digitally, you can grab your Nintendo eShop cards here on our website as well.
Japanese gamers, we also have the JP physical version of the game. However, it still not open for pre-orders. But we will definitely open it soon. So, stay tuned!
Enjoy the trailers, features, and gallery for the game below.
- 19 unique playable characters, including Quote and Curly Brace from Cave Story, Isaac from The Binding of Isaac, Atom and Black Jack from Tezuka Productions and many more
- Build up your “Burst” Gauge with repeated combos to unleash more powerful attacks
- Multiple single-player game modes, including Arcade, Survival Mode, Tag Team and Training Mode
- Local and online multiplayer options to play against friends, family members or challengers worldwide
- Innovative new “wrap-around” feature allows you to move falling pieces beyond the edge of the wall to reappear on the other side
- Each character has his or her own stage, musical theme, unique special attacks, and voice-acted exclamations
- Optional “Colorblind Mode” makes gems easier to distinguish for players with color blindness