Monster Hunter: World – Two Major Updates Coming this 2019
Monster Hunter: World
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US, EU & JAPAN
Hunters, are you still playing Capcom‘s Monster Hunter: World? If you are, you better prepare for 2019 as there are two major updates upcoming. So, sit back, relax and enjoy the following updates below.
The Game Awards 2018 winner for Best Role Playing Game, Monster Hunter: World, is getting a two new major downloadable content this 2019. It was announced during the special developer’s update live stream by Ryozo Tsujimoto.
After almost a year full year of hunting from Capcom, the final content update will arrive in Spring 2019. The first major update for 2019 is the Monster Hunter World: Iceborne. This DLC will bring brand new monsters, quest ranks, and a new map which is similar to the Ultimate version of Monster Hunter.
Here’s the official announcement from Capcom via Twitter below
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) December 10, 2018
Watch the massive expansion of Monster Hunter World: Iceborne trailer below.
Another major update from this game is the collaboration with CD PROJEKT RED to bring Geralt of Rivia from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt into the world of Monster Hunter. He will be a playable character and you will get into the game with The Witcher game in inspired quests. He is coming this early 2019 as a free update.
See the official announcement from The Witcher‘s Official Twitter account, retweeted by Monster Hunter Official Twitter account below.
Together with Capcom, we’re presenting the crossover everyone’s been waiting for: Geralt takes on a new contract in @monsterhunter World!
— The Witcher (@witchergame) December 10, 2018
So, let’s welcome Geralt as a downloadable content character this 2019. Watch the trailer below.
For the overview of the game, see it below via Capcom.
Battle gigantic monsters in epic locales.
As a hunter, you’ll take on quests to hunt monsters in a variety of habitats.
Take down these monsters and receive materials that you can use to create stronger weapons and armor in order to hunt even more dangerous monsters.
In Monster Hunter: World, the latest installment in the series, you can enjoy the ultimate hunting experience, using everything at your disposal to hunt monsters in a new world teeming with surprises and excitement.
Monster Hunter: World is now available on our website for both PS4 and XONE. Click the button below to secure your orders right now!
Read more about the game here.
- Welcome to the new World – Taking on the role of a hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as “new world” as they venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land
- Living and breathing ecosystem – Utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage. For example, pit monsters against one another to lure the main target creature to the right place, but be careful not to become hindered by the hazards they present
- Global simultaneous release – For the first time in the Monster Hunter series the latest title will release within the same launch window and unite hunters across the world with cross-region cooperative play options
- Online drop-in multiplayer – When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates
- Hunt to craft new gear – Defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain. Selecting the right loadout can help exploit enemy weaknesses to gain an advantage in battle
- Master the beasts – A variety of ferocious creatures inhabit the new world landscape including the series mainstay Rathalos and the all new Anjanath. Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage
- Seamless gameplay – Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day
Why not sign up for our newsletter and
be informed of our exclusive deals and upcoming sales first? Click the button below!