The Best Upcoming Video Games of 2019 That You Shouldn’t Miss!
In just a few days, 2018 is about to close its door. Bountiful memories have been made and plentiful games have been played. The year 2018 has been both naughty and nice for a pretty solid year for video games. Even though there are some game delays, canceled games, consumer complaints, this Year of the Dog gave us some pretty amazing year to remember.
From Dragon Ball FighterZ to Red Dead Redemption II to God of War to Monster Hunter: World, we’ve had a good fight over the last 12 months. But, as they say, “with every ending, there is a new beginning.”
And that’s perfectly right as a new gaming season is about to unfold! With that being said, we here at Playasia will give you a head start of the new gaming season before the clock officially strikes midnight on January 1, 2019.
So, without further ado, we present you our Top 10 picks of the best upcoming video games of 2019 that you shouldn’t miss, in no particular order.
Kingdom Hearts III
After over a decade, Square Enix’s latest installment in the Kingdom Hearts series will make its comeback with Kingdom Hearts III. And what’s even more interesting is that, after five long years in development, after cancellation scares, and after all the left and right updates for Square Enix‘s highly anticipated game of 2019, Kingdom Hearts III, has finally gone gold! Meaning, the development of the game is done and is ready for mass production.
You can check out the official overview of the game below, via Square Enix.
KINGDOM HEARTS III tells the story of the power of friendship as Sora and his friends embark on a perilous adventure. Set in a vast array of Disney and Pixar worlds, KINGDOM HEARTS follows the journey of Sora, a young boy and unknowing heir to a spectacular power. Sora is joined by Donald Duck and Goofy to stop an evil force known as the Heartless from invading and overtaking the universe.
Through the power of friendship, Sora, Donald and Goofy unite with iconic Disney-Pixar characters old and new to overcome tremendous challenges and persevere against the darkness threatening their worlds.
Kingdom Hearts III is coming out on January 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One worldwide. Reserve your copies here at Playasia!
- Adventure in Disney and Pixar Worlds – Embark on an adventure that spans the Disney universe: Travel across Disney-Pixar worlds to protect them from the Heartless invasion, and befriend and join heroes from Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Hercules and more
- Unlock the Power of the Keyblades – The powerful Keyblade can now transform into additional forms with new attacks, moves and animations. Players can equip multiple Keyblades, and combo their attacks between different themed Keyblades
- Experience the Magic – Cast visually stunning, powerful magic spells to battle the Heartless. Call upon Disney-Pixar friends and partner with them for support. Turn the tide of combat by summoning theme park inspired attractions using the all-new “Attractions.”
- Prepare for Battle Interact directly with the Disney-Pixar world. Players will fight off swarms of Heartless as they scale massive cliffs, dive deep underwater or even as they fall freely through the air
- Relive Classic Disney Shorts Through Minigames Take a break from saving the world with minigames inspired by classic Disney short films
In celebration of the famous Weekly Jump Magazine’s 50th Anniversary, for the first time in history, the greatest heroes and villains from Manga are thrown into a whole new battleground: the real world. Uniting to fight the most dangerous threat, the Jump Force will bear the fate of the whole human race.
Honoring the 50th Anniversary of the legendary Magazine, Jump Force is also getting the most of the advanced technologies to bring the iconic characters from an exceptional true-to-life perspective.
Jump Force will star the world’s most popular and classic anime franchises such as Dragon Ball Z, One Piece, Naruto, and many others. Players are tasked to form their three-character anime dream team and bring them into battle. Get ready to fight in Jump Force’s unique setting. The game introduces you the merging of the Jump World and the Real World. Battle with your foes with stunning backdrops of various landmarks around the globe. This includes New York City’s Times Square and the Matterhorn in the Alps.
The borders that separate our world from the Jump world have been destroyed. With this, the evil forces from the other world are spreading all over the real world to rule over mankind. Now, the greatest manga/anime heroes such as Goku, Luffy, Naruto, and others must work together to turn down the evil forces of the Jump World.
Jump Force is due out on February 15, 2019, for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Pre-order for the game is available here at Playasia. Unite to fight!
- A unique setting, merging the Jump World and the Real World
- The Jump Force, an alliance of the most powerful Manga heroes from Dragon Ball, One Piece, Naruto and much more
- Realistic graphics bring Manga characters to life like never before
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Capcom surely wants every Resident Evil fans to enjoy every bit of this remake as the company will release an Asia Multi-Language edition of this game aside from its Western & Japanese versions. Enjoy the Asia version of Resident Evil 2 with 3 language support for subtitles: English, Chinese, and Japanese. In addition, players have the option to choose between English or Japanese voice over.
Learn more about the game through its official description, which you can find below, via Capcom.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instantly visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Anthem is an online multiplayer ARPG under development by BioWare. Originally, the game was scheduled for a 2018 release on all PS4, Xbox One, and PC. But, it was moved to a February 22, 2019, worldwide release.
The game features a shared-world where players can either play it solo or through a co-operative multiplayer. Team up with up to four members of your squad and fight savage beasts and ruthless marauders. Explore lost ruins and encounter massive, world-altering terrain occurrences.
Anthem is available for pre-order here on our website. Secure your copies now!
- Venture into danger – In this shared-world action-RPG, you and your friends are Freelancers – the bold few with the courage to leave civilization behind, explore a landscape of primeval beauty, and confront the dangers you find
- Unite with friends – Up to four players band together to take on whatever perils you discover as a heroic team. As your friends support you in your journey, so do you victories and rewards benefit your friends
- Rise to any challenge – Wield an arsenal of Javelin exosuits, each equipped with unique weapons and abilities. Customize them with gear you earn and craft, then use them to fly, leap, and climb through a contiguous open world
- Chart your path – Experience massive, world-altering occurrences like Shaper Storms. Fight savage beasts and ruthless marauders. Delve forgotten ruins as you seek to defeat the forces plotting to conquer humanity
- Control your fate – Your power grows with every step into the unknown. Whether plunder, revenge, or gory lures you onward, your choices will irrevocably change you – and the world around you
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
A fantastical, dark, and twisted new gameplay experience awaits you in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. It is developed by the notable dev team, From Software, and published by Activision. It is an action-adventure game combined with RPG elements. The game is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and is played in a third-person perspective.
First announced during E3 2018, From Software surprised the fans of the upcoming game with the new gameplay trailer that was revealed during Gamescom 2018. According to the developer, the title will have a deeper focus on character progression and story. Follow the role of the stone-heart warrior whose purpose is to save his master and seek vengeance on his arch rivalries.
Coming out on March 22, 2019. Pre-order your copies now.
- Kill Ingeniously – FromSoftware delivers their best in class combat in this fast-paced, action-adventure game featuring all new mechanics.
- Exploration is key – Players will experience the thrill of exploration and discovery in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice like never before. Through exploration, players can uncover new items, meet new characters, and encounter hidden enemies.
- Armed – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay is centred around sword combat, enhanced by a variety of prosthetic arm attachments that supplement or change the way a player fights. Achieving strategic mastery of “Sekiro” or the “one-armed wolf’s” techniques and abilities, from prosthetic tools, swordplay to stealth and the grappling hook is no easy feat. To overcome difficulties and bring each situation under control, gamers must discover, integrate and use a variety of new tools when heading into combat.
- One-armed wolf – Play as a highly talented shinobi in the service of a young lord raised in isolation. After suffering defeat at the hands of a shadowy Ashina samurai seeking the unique heritage of your master, the two of you are separated. Deep in the mountains, in a dilapidated temple, you reawaken to your fate. You must take back your master and exact revenge on your enemy at all cost.
- Hard to the core – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a hard-core game worthy of the name FromSoftware. Miyazaki designed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice this way! Fans of FromSoftware will find the gameplay challenging, yet fun and rewarding. The quality of combat, level of challenge, and creative enemies and bosses are something that can only be found in a FromSoftware title.
- Reimagined world – This reimagining of Japanese aesthetic blends a withered, yet vivid, world of the late 1500s Sengoku Japan as the age of warring states nears its end. Witness a world brought to its knees by constant bloodshed; a ravaged world on the brink of destruction. Explore these environments, rich with FromSoftware’s intricate design and steeped with secrets to discover.
- Larger than life enemies – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice features fantastical fearsome enemies and bosses. Players will battle with larger-than-life enemies that will test their mettle in a variety of situations. From hidden enemies to discover to 3D combat, the quality of creative enemies and bosses are something that can only be found in a FromSoftware title.
- Resurrection – Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.
The upcoming zombie biker adventure game, Days Gone, from developer SIE Bend Studiowas originally announced at the 2016’s E3. And it has been confirmed that this game has been in development by SIE Bend Studio since 2015.
Days Gone is an open-world action game that sets in the harsh wilderness in the high-deserts of the Pacific Northwest. The protagonist, Deacon St. John, a Drifter and bounty hunter who rides the broken road happens to have an existential crisis on how to survive in the devastating globe pandemic place to find a reason to be alive. Devastation, desperation, loss, madness, betrayal, friendship, brotherhood, regret and hope. Deacon St. John must confront this tragedy to live with hope.
The game will be available on April 26, 2019. Don’t forget to mark those dates as your survival zombie adventure begins on that day! Pre-order yours now.
- Open World – Using the power of PlayStation 4 and Unreal Engine 4, Days Gone offers an incredibly realistic and detailed open-world experience. Vast and hostile environments can be fully explored on the back of Deacon’s Drifter bike. Abandoned vehicles can be searched for useful items
- Brutal Sandbox Combat – Exemplifying true, free-form gameplay, Days Gone offers freedom to explore, strategize and play “your way.” Every challenge can be approached and completed in an almost infinite number of ways
- Unique Enemies – In addition to human Drifters, marauders and militia, Deacon must face a wilderness overrun by Freakers – mindless, feral creatures, more animal than human but very much alive and quickly evolving
- Unique Setting – The harsh high-desert of the Pacific Northwest offers a large variety of environments in a single geographical area. One minute Deacon can be riding through a pristine forest, a snow field, a lush meadow, and the next, be in the harsh desert lava fields
Devil May Cry 5
The latest installment in the in the legendary over-the-top action series comes to PS4 and Xbox One in March 2019, complete with its trademark blend of high-octane stylized action and mysterious and original characters the series is known for. Presenting, Devil May Cry 5!
Read more about the game below, via Capcom.
Several years after the Order of the Sword incident… An unusual phenomenon suddenly appears in Red Grave City. A gigantic tree pierces through the surface in the middle of town, attacking with roots that drain the poor citizens of their blood. Young Devil Hunter Nero races into Red Grave aboard the mobile Devil May Cry vehicle with his partner Nico, a self-styled “artisan of arms” who provides Nero with his new weapons.
Nero seeks to recover many things in Red Grave: Lost pride…stolen power…and a man left behind. Brandishing his beloved Red Queen sword and custom Blue Rose revolver, Nero plunges into Red Grave, routing the demon hordes as he makes for the menacing phenomenon in the city center. All the while, a new power crackles through his right arm. The all-new anti-demon arm known as the Devil Breaker. “Not bad…let’s see what this can do!”
- Legendary action series returns – The 16 million unit selling series is back with original Director Hideaki Itsuno at the helm of development
- A battle of good and evil – A demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. The supernatural family drama also continues as Dante, the Son of Sparda, seeks revenge for his brother’s corruption and mother’s murder
- High octane stylized action – Featuring three playable characters each with a radically different stylish combat play style as they take on the city overrun with demons
- Groundbreaking graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, the series continues to achieve new heights infidelity with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs and stunning lighting and environmental effects
- Take down the demonic invasion – Battle against epic bosses in adrenaline-fueled fights across the over-run Red Grave City
- Demon hunter – Nero, one of the series main protagonists and a young demon hunter who has the blood of Sparda, heads to Red Grave City to face the hellish onslaught of demons, with weapons craftswoman and new partner-in-crime, Nico
Far Cry New Dawn
Far Cry: New Dawn is an upcoming first-person shooter developed by Ubisoft Montreal and published by Ubisoft. This is the spin-off to the Far Cry series and a sequel to the fastest-selling title in franchise history, Far Cry 5. This game is coming this February 15th, 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The game sets after the Father, Joseph Seed, reigns in Hope County, Montana as he believes that he has been chosen by God to protect the people from the Collapse. Seventeen years after the global nuclear catastrophe, the civilization re-emerges from the catastrophe to live. Set in the post-apocalyptic Hope County, Montana, the remaining population has survived and gathered into various groups with own laws and commands for survival.
Be the last line of defense against the Highwaymen in Far Cry: New Dawn this February 15th, 2019. Pre-order for this game is available here at Playasia.
- THE NEW ORDER – After living through the apocalypse, the Survivors in Hope County now face a new threat: the nihilistic Highwaymen, vicious scavengers intent on bleeding the county dry. When the Survivors put out a call for help to combat this deadly threat, you are quickly thrust into the middle of a new battle for the future of Hope County
- BUILD A MAKESHIFT ARSENAL – Since the Collapse, survivors have been piecing their shelter, tools, and weapons together from the broken remnants of the old world. The results may look ramshackle, but they’ll keep you alive in a fight. Your Homebase will let you construct powerful weapons and vehicles, giving you more options than ever for explosive, over-the-top action
- MAKE NEW FRIENDS – Embark on an exciting new story campaign as you battle against the Highwaymen and their leaders, the Twins. Mickey and Lou are twin sisters , leading an army of scavengers who want to exhaust Hope County of all its resources before they move on. As you take the fight to the Twins, you’ll have a mix of new and unique Guns for Hire and Fangs for Hire to watch your back
- SURVIVE, LIBERATE, AND EXPLORE – At the center of Far Cry New Dawn is your home base. Upgrade it to get stronger weapons and gear to help you survive out in the open world. Meanwhile, the Highwaymen are holed up in Outposts, which you’ll need to conquer – and once you do, you can replay them for a tougher challenge and better rewards. Finally, Hope County isn’t the only place that’s been ravaged by the Collapse, and you’ll be able to range far outside its borders on Expeditions, visiting new territories across the USA
Metro Exodus is a sequel to the classics Metro 2033 and Metro Last Light. Set two years after the events of Metro: Last Light, Metro Exodus brings you to post-apocalyptic Russia, fighting off all kinds of mutants and enemies. Step into the shoes of a Ranger named Artyom, who lives in the ruins of Moscow’s underground Metro System after a cataclysmic nuclear war. Artyom decided to leave his hometown and head to the East to build a new life.
Are you ready to explore the Russian wilderness and survive the uninvited horror that invades the whole region? Pre-order yours here at Playasia.
- Embark on an incredible journey – board the Aurora, a heavily modified steam locomotive, and join a handful of survivors as they search for a new life in the East
- Experience Sandbox Survival – a gripping story links together classic Metro gameplay with new huge, non-linear levels
- A beautiful, hostile world – discover the post-apocalyptic Russian wilderness, brought to life with stunning day/night cycles and dynamic weather
- Deadly Fighting and Sneaking – Looted prey and individualize your arsenal of handmade weapons. Encountering mutants and hostile groups in gripping tactical battles
- Your choices determine your comrades’ fate – not all your companions will survive the journey; your decisions have consequence in a gripping storyline that offers massive re-playability
- The ultimate in atmosphere and immersion – a flickering candle in the darkness; a ragged gasp as your gasmask frosts over; the howl of a mutant on the night wind – Metro will immerse and terrify you like no other game…
And last on our list is Microsoft’s Crackdown 3. Crackdown 3 is an upcoming action-adventure open-world Xbox One game which is supposed to be coming this 2018. Unfortunately, Microsoft have to push back the previously announced release date of the game to February 2019. However, Terry Crews said on Twitter today, “Trust me, it’ll be worth the wait…“
According to a statement from WindowsCentral, the decision of this delay from Microsoft is to “Deliver the experience they deserve.” Here is the full statement from Microsoft. See it below.
“Our fans’ response to the signature antics and explosive gameplay of “Crackdown 3” has been incredible. To ensure we deliver the experience they deserve, “Crackdown 3” will be launching in Feb 2019. We look forward to sharing more on “Crackdown 3″ this Sunday during the Xbox E3 2018 briefing.” – via WindowsCentral
Will you be picking up this game? Pre-order yours here at Playasia!
- Skills for kills – Level up your super-Agent skills to jump over skyscrapers, hurl trucks at your enemies and fight like a boss
- Dangerous open-world playground – Play with up to four friends over Xbox Live to take out a violent criminal empire and use the city as a weapon against your enemies
- Crime claps back – Lure vindictive crime lords out of their strongholds by roughing up their street soldiers, attacking criminal operations and taking out high-value gang captains
- Boom goes the dynamite – Join with up to 10 agents online to tear the city apart piece by piece in a 100% destructible multiplayer arena, available with your purchase of Crackdown 3
For sure, it’ll be tough for most of you to pick your most favorite upcoming video games of 2019. With the huge number of promising titles to choose from, it’s never too early to start planning your new set of video games to put on your 2019 shelf.