Resident Evil 2 Remake New Screenshots Features HUNK & The Tofu
Resident Evil 2
PS4™ & XONE™ – US, EU, Asia & Japan
The year 2019 has come and one thing that Resident Evil fans know for sure is the return of Resident Evil 2 Remake this January 25. And to keep the hype train going for this highly anticipated remake, Capcom took the Resident Evil Series Twitter account to share the first screenshots of “The 4th Survivor” and “The Tofu Survivor” mini-games which were originally included in the first Resident Evil 2.
The new batch of screenshots feature the protagonists of the mini-games which is HUNK for “The 4th Survivor,” and Tofu for “The Tofu Survivor.”
In The 4th survivor mode, you take control Umbrella operative HUNK A.K.A the “Grim Reaper,” who’s adventures belong to the cannon. While in The Tofu survivor, you play as a chunk of Tofu that was originally produced to examine the game’s collision issue.
You can check out the screenshots below.
You can also check out Capcom’s official post on Twitter below.
Survive Raccoon City as the Grim Reaper and… a block of tofu?
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) January 14, 2019
The game set on September 29, 1998. The beloved Raccoon City is plagued by zombies due to the T-virus. This T-virus is a biological weapon secretly developed by Umbrella, a pharmaceutical company. The main protagonist Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie police officer on his first duty and Claire Redfield, a college student looking for her brother Chris make their way to the police station. However, as they enter the police station, they discover most of the police officers are killed. Now, these two must set forth on a journey to flee the zombie outbreak in Raccoon City while rescuing other survivors as well.
Explore in the dark corners of Raccoon City as you battle against the zombies. Solve puzzles to access the area and use items to fight for survival. With the high-definition graphics, we get to see the photorealistic visuals in 4K with the beautiful enhanced lighting up-close. Be terrified with the horrifyingly realistic wet gore of the zombies in your way.
Resident Evil 2 Remake is coming out on January 25th. Are you ready for another spine-chilling adventure in Raccoon City? Reserve your copies now.
For more information about the game, you can check out its trailer, gameplay, features, and screenshots below.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instantly visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Read more about the game here.