Resident Evil 2 Remake is About to Unfold | Watch the Launch Trailer Here
Resident Evil 2
PS4™ & XONE™ – US, EU, Asia & Japan
Just one more night and the highly anticipated remake of the 1998 survival horror game, Resident Evil 2, is about to open its door once again to the gaming world. And of course, as a celebration, before the Resident Evil 2 Remake lands on your consoles and PC, Capcom proudly revealed the launch trailer for the game.
The launch trailer is a 3-minute long video that starts off with a brief interpretive timeline of the fall of Raccoon City which is just perfect for those who are unfamiliar with it and gradually rolling out to the game’s actual events.
The video introduces the game’s main characters such as Leon Kennedy and Claire Redfield, as well as some supporting characters including Sherry, Ada, and William. However, this trailer could be considered a spoiler for new players as some villains are also shown in the video.
However, for RE2 fans since day one, seeing these familiar faces in all their reworked visual glory could really boost up their excitement for the upcoming remake.
And lastly, the video ends with an introduction to the game’s extra modes and post-launch DLC. Instead of dropping some teaser about these modes, Capcom made it in a unique way. A faux menu was displayed in the video and showed that “The 4th Survivor” and “The Tofu Survivor” modes are found upon clicking the “Extra” menu, as well as the free downloadable content, Ghost Survivors.
You can watch the launch trailer below.
The game set on September 29, 1998. The beloved Raccoon City is plagued by zombies due to the T-virus. This T-virus is a biological weapon secretly developed by Umbrella, a pharmaceutical company. The main protagonist Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie police officer on his first duty and Claire Redfield, a college student looking for her brother Chris make their way to the police station. However, as they enter the police station, they discover most of the police officers are killed. Now, these two must set forth on a journey to flee the zombie outbreak in Raccoon City while rescuing other survivors as well.
Explore in the dark corners of Raccoon City as you battle against the zombies. Solve puzzles to access the area and use items to fight for survival. With the high-definition graphics, we get to see the photorealistic visuals in 4K with the beautiful enhanced lighting up-close. Be terrified with the horrifyingly realistic wet gore of the zombies in your way.
Resident Evil 2 Remake is coming out on January 25th. Are you ready for another spine-chilling adventure in Raccoon City? Reserve your copies now.
For more information about the game, you can check out its trailer, gameplay, features, and screenshots below.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instantly visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Read more about the game here.
— 🐉Sojoro🐉@ ToC 🎮RE2 Remake (@SorenTheWorld) January 24, 2019
PHEW! Was getting worried there for a minute.
— Finger Guns 👉👉 (@FNGRGNS) January 23, 2019
— ievs (@Honeyket) January 23, 2019
Ahh 2 more days!! Cannot wait🙌🏼
— Nick Costanza (@TheNickCostanza) January 23, 2019
— Wicked Sarah 🦈 (@WickedSarah_) January 23, 2019
— Ralphael Pacheco (@RaphPatch96) January 23, 2019
Not long now, waiting for this remake for years. Can't believe it's so close!!!!
— Ryan Booth (@The_Geektrovert) January 23, 2019
Capcom dio a conocer el trailer de lanzamiento para el remake de Resident Evil 2 😍¡Se ve increíble! 🤓 https://t.co/v8DulOXKFW
— Colememe 😎 (@Cole_mono) January 23, 2019
— AureNDJ 🇦🇷🇮🇹 (@Aurelien872) January 23, 2019