Resident Evil 2 Remake The Ghost Survivors Free DLC Launches on Feb 15th!
Resident Evil 2
PS4™ & XONE™ – US, EU, Asia & Japan
Capcom proudly presents the new mode of Resident Evil 2 Remake in a form of post-launch downloadable content, The Ghost Survivors! It is a free new update of the game that is expected to launch on the 15th of February and will allow players to dive into a new kind of experience from the three new perspectives.
The Ghost Survivors is a series of “what-if” campaigns of three tragic souls that didn’t make their way out of the Raccoon City alive: the gun shop owner, the mayor’s daughter, and the soldier. Each of these unfortunate souls will have their stories titled, “No Time to Mourn,” “Runaway, and “Forgotten Soldier.”
To celebrate this announcement, Capcom also shared the first look of the characters via a post in their official Twitter account, which you can find below.
The Ghost Survivors is coming as a free update to #RE2 starting February 15th!
Explore “what if” stories of three unfortunate souls who never made it out of Raccoon City: The gunshop owner, the mayor's daughter, the soldier.
▶ No Time to Mourn
▶ Forgotten Soldier pic.twitter.com/nH4dSX4GlV
— Resident Evil (@RE_Games) January 28, 2019
You can take a closer look at “The Ghost Survivors,” first glimpse in the images below.
The game sets on September 29, 1998. The beloved Raccoon City is plagued by zombies due to the T-virus. This T-virus is a biological weapon secretly developed by Umbrella, a pharmaceutical company. The main protagonists are Leon S. Kennedy, a rookie police officer on his first duty and Claire Redfield, a college student looking for her brother Chris make their way to the police station. However, as they enter the police station, they discover most of the police officers are killed. Now, these two must set forth on a journey to flee the zombie outbreak in Raccoon City while rescuing other survivors as well.
Explore in the dark corners of Raccoon City as you battle against the zombies. Solve puzzles to access the area and use items to fight for survival. With the high-definition graphics, we get to see the photorealistic visuals in 4K with the beautiful enhanced lighting up-close. Be terrified with the horrifyingly realistic wet gore of the zombies in your way.
Resident Evil 2 Remake is available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you ready for another spine-chilling adventure in Raccoon City? Grab your copies now.
For more information about the game, you can check out its trailer, gameplay, features, and screenshots below.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instantly visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Read more about the game here.
And this is why I love the Resident Evil 2 Remake. The game devs have taken the time to actually give context to NPC of the old with some back story and their struggle in making it through hell! If they can do this, I'm sure they can bring back #OUTBREAK in the same fashion! 😀
— 𝔻𝕒𝕣𝕜𝕎𝕠𝕝𝕗𝟠𝟘𝕤 (@DarkWolf80s) January 28, 2019
Dude, remaking Outbreak would be insane, I'd love that.
— NotMask (@TheNotMask) January 28, 2019
Thank you so much capcom for this awesome game and i cant wait for the ghost survivors dlc really curious about it
— Boy (@Boy05527772) January 29, 2019
— Hombre de Maíz🇬🇹🎮📺🎸 (@ChapinGeek) January 28, 2019
Awesome. Loving the game bet Leon and Claire first play through so far. Hope ada get dlc one day. Like separate ways. pic.twitter.com/VlD5Hz0htI
— Chris Hutchinson (@Chris_Hutch8912) January 28, 2019