Resident Evil 2 Has Shipped 4 Million Units Worldwide
Resident Evil 2
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US, EU, JAPAN & ASIA
Are you still roaming around the Raccoon City to fight the fear and terrors in Resident Evil 2 Remake? If you are, there’s another milestone achieved of this classic survival horror game which makes this remake more successful as ever.
After a month of release, Capcom has officially announced that Resident Evil 2 Remake has shipped over four million copies worldwide. This is another impressive mark for the remake game which was first released in 1998. It was announced on Capcom Dev 1’s official Twitter account. With this achievement, Capcom has released the first part of a new video roundtable series with the development team of Resident Evil 2.
Check out the official twitter and the video below via Capcom Dev 1.
It's official — Thanks to all of you, we've shipped 4 million units of RE2 worldwide! To celebrate, we're presenting a roundtable with some of the RE2 devs: https://t.co/d0lTCxtI6Z
Thanks so much for playing RE2!#re2 #capcom
— Capcom Dev 1 (@dev1_official) February 27, 2019
For the overview of the game see it below via Capcom.
In Resident Evil 2, the classic action, tense exploration, and puzzle solving gameplay that defined the Resident Evil series returns. Players join rookie police officer Leon Kennedy and college student Claire Redfield, who are thrust together by a disastrous outbreak in Raccoon City that transformed its population into deadly zombies. Both Leon and Claire have their own separate playable campaigns, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspectives. The fate of these two fan-favorite characters is in players hands as they work together to survive and get to the bottom of what is behind the terrifying attack on the city. Will they make it out alive?
Resident Evil 2 Remake is available for PS4, Xbox One, and PC. Are you ready for another spine-chilling adventure in Raccoon City? Grab your copies now.
Read more about the game here.
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD)
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
- See favorite characters in a whole new light – Join rookie police officer Leon S. Kennedy on his first day in the job and college student Claire Redfield, who is searching for her brother amidst a terrifying zombie epidemic
- Step into the rookie shoes of both heroes – Enjoy separately playable campaigns for both Leon and Claire, allowing players to see the story from both characters’ perspective
Why not sign up for our newsletter and
be informed of our exclusive deals and upcoming sales first? Click the button below!