Future Plans for Kingdom Hearts III Include Story Expansion, Critical Mode & More!
Kingdom Hearts III
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US, EU, AU & JAPAN
Dengeki Online released their recent interview with Kingdom Hearts III director Tetsuya Nomura, basically talking about Kingdom Hearts III future plans. In the interview, the director confirmed that the game will be receiving a Critical Mode difficulty, which will be a very great option for those who consider how easy the game is, even on the Proud difficulty level. However, as of the moment, it is unknown if it’s going to be a part of the free or paid DLC.
Now that we know that DLC for Kingdom Hearts III is currently being worked on, what we need next is the release dates for these additional contents. As of the time of writing, no concrete release date for the game has been announced, but Nomura wants to release all paid DLC content by the end of 2019. So, it means that free updates may come sooner. Furthermore, Nomura also confirmed that story expansions will be heading to the game.
Here’s more of the interview tidbits, via Dualshockers.
The sales for Kingdom Hearts III exceeded Square Enix and Nomura’s expectations. Nomura and the Kingdom Hearts 3 team is currently hard at work on the game’s DLC. Nomura is losing sleep because of it.
Critical Mode will be coming soon. It won’t be artificial difficulty like simply making enemies deal higher damage, but will rather include many changes, to the point that it needs debugging. It will be “fun like only Critical mode can be”.
Unlike previous games, Kingdom Hearts 3 won’t have a Final Mix version, and will instead receive new additions via DLCs. There will be both free and paid DLCs. Free DLCs will be released sporadically, but the paid DLC should all come together in a big pack. They’re trying their best to finish the paid DLC content soon and wish to release it before the end of 2019, and start working on the next game. Though Nomura is already fully booked with projects in 2019, so he doesn’t know when or what to do with the next Kingdom Hearts game yet.
Finally, after 13 years of waiting, Kingdom Hearts III is now playable around the world. Haven’t got a copy of the game yet? Grab yours here at Playasia! Click the button below to get yours.
For the overview of the game, see it below.
KINGDOM HEARTS III tells the story of the power of friendship as Sora and his friends embark on a perilous adventure. Set in a vast array of Disney and Pixar worlds, KINGDOM HEARTS follows the journey of Sora, a young boy and unknowing heir to a spectacular power. Sora is joined by Donald Duck and Goofy to stop an evil force known as the Heartless from invading and overtaking the universe.
Through the power of friendship, Sora, Donald and Goofy unite with iconic Disney-Pixar characters old and new to overcome tremendous challenges and persevere against the darkness threatening their worlds. – via Square Enix
- Adventure in Disney and Pixar Worlds – Embark on an adventure that spans the Disney universe: Travel across Disney-Pixar worlds to protect them from the Heartless invasion, and befriend and join heroes from Toy Story, Big Hero 6, Tangled, Hercules and more
- Unlock the Power of the Keyblades – The powerful Keyblade can now transform into additional forms with new attacks, moves and animations. Players can equip multiple Keyblades, and combo their attacks between different themed Keyblades
- Experience the Magic – Cast visually stunning, powerful magic spells to battle the Heartless. Call upon Disney-Pixar friends and partner with them for support. Turn the tide of combat by summoning theme park inspired attractions using the all-new “Attractions.”
- Prepare for Battle Interact directly with the Disney-Pixar world. Players will fight off swarms of Heartless as they scale massive cliffs, dive deep underwater or even as they fall freely through the air
- Relive Classic Disney Shorts Through Minigames Take a break from saving the world with minigames inspired by classic Disney short films
Read more about the game here.
© 2019 PLAYASIA.COM. OK TO REPRODUCE IF COPYRIGHT NOTE STAYS INTACT.