Space Junkies Asia English Release is Due Out on March 26 | Pre-order Now
PlayStation 4™ – Asia
The long wait for Ubisoft Montpellier‘s new VR title, Space Junkies, is almost over. Earlier this month, the publisher confirmed that the zero gravity shooter will hit PC and PS4 on the 26th of March, and will support PSVR, Rift, Vive and Windows VR headsets. We’re just a month away from the game’s release and we can finally be able to float in space and immerse in intense microgravity battles.
Haven’t pre-ordered yours yet? Problem solved! Here in Playasia, we have the PS4 (PSVR) Asia English version of the game. In addition, this version also includes Chinese subs. So, if you want to pick up this version of Space Junkies, you can reserve your copies here on our website. Click the button below to secure your copies!
According to Adrian Lacey, Producer of the game, Space Junkies is a fast-paced and jetpack-fueled multiplayer VR joyride in microgravity. This game has you navigating through dangerous orbital arenas but worry not though as you will be equipped with insane weapons as you face off various opponent players in intense duels or deadly free-for-all mode or you can call up your colleague and play in 2v2 battles.
Before entering the real battle, you’ll find yourself in a lobby along with your other teammates where you can take that opportunity to share tricks, strategize, and make your best plan to tear down your opponents.
Also, here in this game, you can have the capacity to hear and locate both your enemies and teammates easily. Well, thanks to the 3D-localized audio of the game that makes all this assistance possible.
Remember, here in Space Junkies, teamwork, strategy, and effective communication are the main keys to achieve victory.
There will be seven weapons, six specialized pieces of equipment and five characters available at launch. But, over time, developer Ubisoft Montpellier confirmed that they will introduce new modes, maps, and weapons across various updates.
To know more about the game, you can check out some part of Adrian Lacey‘s announcement about Space Junkies on PlayStation blog below.
Characters themselves also provide a great deal of diversity. Before entering a match, players choose between a variety of space characters and some bizarre alien lifeforms. Each one offers distinct gameplay advantages in terms of speed and resistance.
Between all the available weapons, equipment and characters, you are free to build your own loadout that fits your playstyle. Whether you like to be a fast and sneaky flanker, a beefy tank that goes all-in behind his shield, or a careful sniper armed with patience to shoot from a safe distance, there’s something for all types of players.
Combining weapons and equipment will help you in battle, but watch out — there is limited ammunition, so once it’s spent your weapon will turn into a grenade and explode!
Enjoy the trailer, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- If you thought that space was hostile before… Just wait until you play in the Dirty Bowl! Death comes fast and hard from all directions as you speed and fight through Orbital Arenas (“Orenas”) designed specifically to kill and built to thrill!
- You are now part of the elite tribe of gun-slinging Spacers who battle it out in treacherous 2v2, 1v1, free-for-all and King Mode battles
- Full VR embodiment allows you to use your hands and body to manipulate intuitively your environment and weapons, while full use of motion controllers brings you right into the gun-slinging action!
- Dodge, weave and fly through hostile space environments and 360° orbital battlefields! Situational awareness gets vertical as opponents come at you fast, hard, up, down, sideways and backward!
- Insane weapons, from Sunblasters to Bioguns, let you use different angles and both of your hands to combine your weapons of choice when stalking and taking down your opponents
- Full-spatialized audio will have you fully immersed in this explosive environment
- The weird and wonderful physics of micro-gravity are your virtual playground! From chain reactions and dynamic lighting to breakable environments, your battleground will morph based on your input!