Should We Really Watch Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice Launch Trailer?
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PS4™ & XONE™ – US, EU & JAPAN
Things just get better and better.
Taking home the “Best of Gamescom” and “Best Action Game” titles during last year’s Gamescom, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is surely one of the most highly anticipated games this 2019. With its nearly coming release, this new ninja action game from Dark Souls and Bloodborne developer, FromSoftware, received its launch trailer today.
It is a two-and-a-half minute deep dive into the game’s stunning environmental design and spine-tingling combat visuals. The trailer showed off a variety of previously unknown information such as combat maneuvers, new looks at bosses, abilities and more.
Note: This launch trailer gives away too much. So, if you don’t want to see exciting reveals (especially boss fights), you shouldn’t watch this or maybe just give it a skip.
So, One-armed wolf, are you ready for epic head-to-head combat and a bloody confrontation with your most powerful ninja abilities and deadly prosthetic tools as you face larger than life foes here in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice?
Arriving on PS4, Xbox One, and PC on March 22.
A fantastical, dark and twisted new gameplay experience awaits you in Sekiro Shadows Die Twice. It is developed by the notable dev team, From Software, and published by Activision. It is an action-adventure game combined with RPG elements. The game is directed by Hidetaka Miyazaki and is played in a third-person perspective. Follow the role of the stone-hearted warrior whose purpose is to save his master and seek vengeance on his arch rivalries.
In Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice, players will encounter various new enemies and epic boss battles that will test their skills to the limit. Players can use a grappling hook to move to high places. In addition, players will be involved in some stealthy maneuvers while attempting to take down foes.
Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice will be available for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on March 22, 2019. Also, please take note that we have an Asia Multi-Language version of the game that caters English, Chinese, and Korean language support. Reservation for this game is now open here at Playasia. Secure your copies now.
You can enjoy the trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- Kill Ingeniously – FromSoftware delivers their best in class combat in this fast-paced, action-adventure game featuring all new mechanics.
- Exploration is key – Players will experience the thrill of exploration and discovery in Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice like never before. Through exploration, players can uncover new items, meet new characters, and encounter hidden enemies.
- Armed – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice gameplay is centred around sword combat, enhanced by a variety of prosthetic arm attachments that supplement or change the way a player fights. Achieving strategic mastery of “Sekiro” or the “one-armed wolf’s” techniques and abilities, from prosthetic tools, swordplay to stealth and the grappling hook is no easy feat. To overcome difficulties and bring each situation under control, gamers must discover, integrate and use a variety of new tools when heading into combat.
- One-armed wolf – Play as a highly talented shinobi in the service of a young lord raised in isolation. After suffering defeat at the hands of a shadowy Ashina samurai seeking the unique heritage of your master, the two of you are separated. Deep in the mountains, in a dilapidated temple, you reawaken to your fate. You must take back your master and exact revenge on your enemy at all cost.
- Hard to the core – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice is a hard-core game worthy of the name FromSoftware. Miyazaki designed Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice this way! Fans of FromSoftware will find the gameplay challenging, yet fun and rewarding. The quality of combat, level of challenge, and creative enemies and bosses are something that can only be found in a FromSoftware title.
- Reimagined world – This reimagining of Japanese aesthetic blends a withered, yet vivid, world of the late 1500s Sengoku Japan as the age of warring states nears its end. Witness a world brought to its knees by constant bloodshed; a ravaged world on the brink of destruction. Explore these environments, rich with FromSoftware’s intricate design and steeped with secrets to discover.
- Larger than life enemies – Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice features fantastical fearsome enemies and bosses. Players will battle with larger-than-life enemies that will test their mettle in a variety of situations. From hidden enemies to discover to 3D combat, the quality of creative enemies and bosses are something that can only be found in a FromSoftware title.
- Resurrection – Used as an opportunity for a tactical retreat or to deceive an enemy and go on the counter-offensive, this new combat strategy allows players to resurrect on the spot, even after a hasty death.
Read more about the game here.