The Making of Devil May Cry 5 Unveiled with The Design Philosophy Video
Devil May Cry 5
PS4™ & XONE™ – US, EU, AU, JAPAN & ASIA
Behind an outstanding game comes a talented group of people who extremely works hard for the game’s success. Speaking of an outstanding game, Capcom‘s Devil May Cry 5 made its successful launch last March 8th. Since its release, DMC 5 has topped the charts, and become one of Capcom’s biggest launches ever.
Now, have you ever thought of what goes behind this critically acclaimed game? If you are, Capcom prepared a little something for you in the form of a nine-minute developer diary that features the design philosophy of DMC5 titled, “The Design Philosophy of Devil May Cry 5.”
The video goes behind the scens at Capcom, with director Hideaki Itsuno, lead game designer Yoichiro Ikeda, producers Michiteru Okabe and Matthew Walker, lead composer Kota Suzuki, and other members of the development team that delve into the production of this great game.
You can watch the full video below.
For the overview of the game, it sets several years after the events in Devil May Cry 2. The central protagonist of the series, Dante, is hired by a man known as V to eliminate the demonic attacks across the world. Meanwhile, one of the main protagonists, Nero, has set up his own demon hunting agency on a van with a neon Devil May Cry sign. Now the demon hunting slayers are on the move to eliminate the demons.
Devil May Cry 5 is now available for all versions along with the Deluxe Edition here at Playasia. Click the button below to grab your copies right now and join the demon hunting slayers to eliminate the demons.
- Legendary action series returns – The 16 million unit selling series is back with original Director Hideaki Itsuno at the helm of development
- A battle of good and evil – A demonic invasion begins with the seeds of a “demon tree” taking root in Red Grave City. This hellish incursion attracts the attention of the young demon hunter, Nero, an ally of Dante who now finds himself without his demonic arm, the source of much of his power. The supernatural family drama also continues as Dante, the Son of Sparda, seeks revenge for his brother’s corruption and mother’s murder
- High octane stylized action – Featuring three playable characters each with a radically different stylish combat play style as they take on the city overrun with demons
- Groundbreaking graphics – Developed with Capcom’s in-house proprietary RE engine, the series continues to achieve new heights infidelity with graphics that utilize photorealistic character designs and stunning lighting and environmental effects
- Take down the demonic invasion – Battle against epic bosses in adrenaline-fueled fights across the over-run Red Grave City
- Demon hunter – Nero, one of the series main protagonists and a young demon hunter who has the blood of Sparda, heads to Red Grave City to face the hellish onslaught of demons, with weapons craftswoman and new partner-in-crime, Nico
Read more about the game here.