Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse: US Version for Switch Coming this May
Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse
Nintendo™ Switch – US
- This is the North American release of the game will be published by the Darksiders publisher, THQ Nordic this May 21st.
- The Switch version will include exclusive content and unreleased behind the scene interviews.
- Enjoy the richer and more detailed high-definition graphics that give the game a luscious visual style.
After the release of the European version last September 2018, Revolution Software will now set forth on the journey for leaving the European regions as Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse is now coming to the North American regions this May 21st for Nintendo Switch.
Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse is a point-and-click adventure video game developed by Revolution Software. THQ Nordic will be the publisher responsible for the North American release. It was first released on PlayStation Vita via the PlayStation Network and PC. This is also the fifth title in the Broken Sword franchise. Thanks to THQ Nordic, the North American gamers will get to play this one on the Nintendo Switch.
A fun fact on this game is that it was announced last August 2012 that it was raised via Kickstarter. More than $771,000 of the original requested which is $400,000 raised. Plus with the PayPal donation, this game accumulated over $823,000.
The game opens in 1937 in Catalonia, Spain. A man and his fascist army snatch a painting. After that, the game jumps to the modern day Paris, where the protagonist George Stobbart and Nicole “Nico” Collard meet in a Parisian art gallery. However, they witness a man disguised as a pizza courier shooting the gallery owner and stealing a seemingly worthless painting – la Maledicció. Meanwhile, a priest in the art exhibition claims that the painting is cursed. With the unexpected events, George and Nico set foot on an adventure to investigate this robbery and murder.
The Nintendo Switch version will get an unreleased bonus content exclusively. With the high-definition graphics, the game will give you more detailed with a luscious art style that stands out on its peers. Join George and Nico on a journey in the varied array locations around the world such as Paris, London, and Catalonia. Decipher unique puzzles as you investigate the curse behind the painting. The game takes advantages to the versatility and functionality of the Nintendo Switch as it gives you more options on how you play it.
According to THQ Nordic, the Nintendo Switch of Broken Sword 5 – The Serpent’s Curse includes the following:
- Game Cartridge
- 1080p Visuals: Graphics tuned up to 1080p in portable and TV mode. Seamless Play: Seamlessly transition between touchscreen and Joycon controls.
- Bonus Movies: The Switch version includes bonus movies, created specifically for this format, which are unlocked as the game progresses, including unreleased behind-the-scenes interviews.
Solve the mystery between the robbery and murder with George and Nico in Broken Sword 5: The Serpent’s Curse US version for Nintendo Switch this May 21st. Pre-order yours now here at Playasia! Click the button below to pre-order your copy right now.
Read more of the European version here.
- Back to the roots – hand-drawn environments brought to the High Definition era. Richer and more detailed graphics give the game a luscious visual style that stands out from its peers
- Iconic Heroes – George Stobbart and Nico Collard are two of the most iconic characters in video gaming. Here extensively re-interpreted for their first high definition outing, our heroes maintain their familiar looks, but with significantly more detail, animation and expressiveness
- Globe-trotting adventure – Boasting a varied array of locations to explore from Paris, London, and Catalonia through to the Middle East, each area is designed as a visual feast evoking the signs and sounds of their real-world counterparts
- Solving the mystery – Experience the very best in adventure gaming: from unique puzzles and deft subterfuge to cipher solving and time-honored detective work