Samurai Spirits: The Classic Fighting Game Coming this June for PS4
PlayStation 4™ – JAPAN
- This fighting game was announced last September 2018 during the Tokyo Game Show 2018.
- This is the 12th main entry to the Samurai Shodown/Samurai Spirits franchise.
- This game is coming to the Land of the Rising Sun for PlayStation 4 in June release window.
Last Tokyo Game Show 2018, the well-known publisher/creator for Neo Geo family, SNK, has announced the upcoming fighting video game Samurai Spirits or known as Samurai Shodown in the Western regions. Samurai Spirits is the 12th main entry to the Samurai Shodown franchise and it’s coming to the Land of the Rising Sun for PlayStation 4 in June 2019 release window.
Watch the teaser trailer from Tokyo Game Show 2018 below.
Samurai Shodown is fighting game developed and published by SNK for its Neo Geo arcade and platform. It was released in 1993. Since then, this fighting game is known for its premier weapon based versus fighting games. Throughout the years, players from the various period in different home consoles have witnessed how great this fighting game franchise in more than 10 years. Now, Samurai Spirits returns to deliver some samurai action.
Just like the other Samurai Shodown games, it takes place during feudal-era Japan specifically during the late 18th century. So, in this upcoming fighting game, it will introduce the use of Unreal Engine 4 which is a first in this fighting game franchise. As you fight against your opponents, some of the fan-favorite characters are back with a unique brushstroke of graphical style to match the Japanese roots of this game. Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Galford and other iconic characters will fight once again to aim for the victory. Of course, newcomers will challenge as well.
Let’s go back to the greatness of this fighting game franchise for more than ten years in Samurai Spirits or Samurai Shodown for PlayStation 4 this June. Here at Playasia, this game is now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order your copies right now!
- Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat – Samurai Spirits carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory
- Evolving the Presentation – Using the power of Unreal Engine 4, SNK is able to modernize the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before
- Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors – Samurai Spirits welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favorite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters—13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise
- All New Gameplay – Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Spirits will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move
- Revolutionary New AI System – Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles