Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered – Coming to Switch this July 2nd
Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered
Nintendo™ Switch – US & EU
- This is the remastered version of the 2009 Red Faction: Guerrilla.
- THQ Nordic has confirmed via Twitter that it’s coming to Nintendo Switch this July 2nd.
- In this remastered version, Switch users will get to experience the Optional Motion Controls when using the handheld mode.
Get ready to return to Mars and smash up the place in the remaster of Red Faction: Guerrilla, entitled Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered!
Originally released worldwide on July 3, 2018, for the PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and Microsoft Windows. Now, Nintendo Switch owners will get to experience this game as THQ Nordic finally announced that the game will dock on the Nintendo’s portable handheld console this July 2nd. Thanks to the Germany-based studio, Kaiko Games, since they will be in charge of Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered for Nintendo Switch.
Take a look at the official announcement from THQ Nordic via Twitter below.
— THQNordic (@THQNordic) April 24, 2019
For a brief background, Red Faction: Guerrilla is a third-person open-world shooter video game published by THQ Nordic and developed by Volition. It was first released in June 2009 for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 and this was the third installment to the Red Faction series. It was regarded as one of THQ Nordic‘s ten best games via Destructoid. With this, THQ Nordic decided to remaster the game with a “cool” title, Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered, together with the enhanced graphics in July 2018. Now, Nintendo Switch users will also get to shoot up and smash up Mars this July.
According to THQ Nordic, the remastered version for the Nintendo Switch features the following below via Nintendo Everything.
- Fully reworked graphics – heavily reworked textures and graphics features adding, for example, specular maps.
- Improved shadow rendering
- Improved lighting
- Shader & Postprocessing rework
- Native 4k support for the finest up to date mars destruction experience ever
- Optional Motion Controls for a better sense of aiming while playing in handheld mode
Switch users, get ready for the fast-paced guerrilla-style combat with an improved graphics in Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered this July 2nd. Here at Playasia, the Nintendo Switch version is now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order yours now!
Meanwhile, Red Faction: Guerrilla Re-Mars-tered for PS4 and PC are still available on our website. If you are a PS4 and/or PC user, take the chance to grab this open-world shooting game. Click the button below to grab your copies right now.
Read more about the game here.
- Open World Guerrilla Warfare – You decide who, when, where and how to battle. Utilize guerrilla tactics, improvised weaponry, and modified vehicles to lead insurgent attacks on EDF targets. Launch attacks based on your own gameplay style, take on missions in any order you choose, or engage in destructive activities to weaken the EDF’s grip on Mars
- Strategic Destruction – Use destruction to your tactical advantage, setting ambushes or chain reaction explosions to attack enemy strongholds and permanently modify the game environment. Leverage fully-dynamic physics-based destruction to improvise on the fly: blow holes in a wall or floor to set an ambush or escape, take out a staircase to stop your pursuers, or drive vehicles through blown out walls
- Evolving & Emergent Gameplay – Carve your path through an ever changing landscape as you improvise your combat tactics – mixing gameplay styles, vehicles, weapons and explosives to defeat the EDF
- Epic Sci-Fi Setting – Explore the huge, unforgiving Martian landscape, from the desolate mining outpost of Parker to the gleaming EDF capital city of Eos; then tear through the fully destructible open-world environments swarming with EDF forces, Red Faction resistance fighters, and the downtrodden settlers caught in the cross-fire
- Multiplayer Combat – There is no place to hide when you put your guerrilla warfare skills to the test in a variety of highly destructive multiplayer combat modes