Root Letter: Last Answer Coming to the Western Regions this 2019
Root Letter: Last Answer
PlayStation 4™ & Nintendo™ Switch – US & EU
PQube has confirmed that they are bringing the live-action visual novel Root Letter: Last Answer (stylized as √Letter Last Answer) to the Western regions sometime in 2019. After it was rated by the Australia Classification Board, the Western localization will be coming to the PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch and PC. Are you ready for the return of Kadokawa Games’ classic best-selling mystery visual novel, folks?
Check out the official announcement of PQube via Twitter below.
We're proud to announce Root Letter: Last Answer is coming to the west! Investigate the mystery of your long lost pen-pal, who's seemingly involved in a murder! Unravel this enhanced version of the original #VisualNovel this year on #PS4, #Switch and #Steam! #RootLetterLastAnswer pic.twitter.com/slmoMSr5fQ
— PQube Games (@PQubeGames) April 30, 2019
The game is set in Matsue, Shimane Prefecture. The protagonist arrives searching for Fumino Aya. She is a pen pal from high school that disappeared 15 years ago. However, the protagonist discovers that she was involved in a murder before she went missing. Now, when the curiosity got the better of him, an investigation ensues with her past letters as clues to unveil the truth of the murder.
Root Letter: Last Answer will include the Drama Mode that features 90 actors in the cast. The idealistic of real-life drama woven within the charming townscape of Shimane Prefecture as it is presented with realism. With these elements, the visual novel is similar to watching a real-life Japanese drama on the TV screen. Of course, the Original Mode is still here with the beautiful aesthetic graphics and illustrations from the renowned artist, Minoboshi Taro. Enjoy the adventure either in live-action or in illustrated visuals! In the Drama Mode of this visual novel game, Kadokawa Games has revealed that the famous Japanese fashion designer, Junko Koshino will design the costume for the live-action screenshots and footages.
Root Letter: Last Answer Western release is now available for pre-order here at Playasia. Click the button below to pre-order yours now!
Meanwhile, the Japanese Version of Root Letter: Last Answer is still available on our website on all platforms (PS4, PS Vita and Switch)! Order your copies right now only on our website. Click the button below to grab yours now!
And also the 2016 Root Letter is also available as well on our website. Plus, this game has the Western versions. So, if you want to grab this right now, just click the button below before it runs out of stock.
Read more about the game here.
- Solve a 15 year-old mystery – Many years have passed since the last correspondence with your pen friend Aya Fumino. While those memories have been long left behind, a confession of murder revealed in her last letter has resurfaced. It is now up to you to uncover the truth behind her disappearance
- An interactive visual novel – Navigate your way around Aya’s hometown, search for clues in the environment, and confront her former friends that have now reached adulthood. Use the items and evidence at your disposal to make them confess!
- A story with different outcomes – Your replies to Aya’s letters will have lasting consequences, and impact your relationship. Choose your answers carefully and shape a story with up to five different endings
- The complete experience – In addition to several gameplay improvements, Root Letter: Last Answer adds brand new epilogues that conclude Aya Fumino’s story and a live action mod
- A new live-action mode – A new way to enjoy the story Turn on the live-action mode from the title screen at any time while playing to see Shimane’s locations and residents come to life
© 2019 Playasia.com. OK to reproduce if copyright note stays intact.