Azur Lane: Crosswave Confirmed Release Date, What to Expect & More!
Azur Lane: Crosswave
PlayStation 4™ – JAPAN & ASIA
- A console game adaptation of the 2017 mobile game Azur Lane.
- This game is coming out exclusively for PS4 globally.
- Pre-order is now open here at Playasia.
In Septemeber of 2018, Idea Factory, Compile Heart, and Felistella dropped the big news for Azur Lane enthusiasts. The three companies were pleased to announce that they will be recreating the popular side-scrolling mobile game, Azur Lane, for PlayStation 4 as Azur Lane: Crosswave.
Azur Lane was originally released for iOS and Android devices in 2017 by Chinese studios Shanghai Manjuu and Xiamen Yongshi. It’s currently available in English courtesy of Yostar. Now, the console version is currently in development by the talented team of Felistella, which is known for the Genkai Tokki series.
The original game is a side-scrolling, shoot em up/RPG hybrid that’s about several warship models represented as attractive anime women.
Azur Lane: Crosswave expands on the concept, making it more realistic than ever. Powered by Unreal Engine, Azur Lane: Crosswave is ready to bring its characters to life. Thus, fans can see them like never before.
This console game adaptation of the mobile shipgirl game Azur Lane is set to release on the 29th of August this year in Japan. The announcement was made by Compile Heart.
Meanwhile, Idea Factory confirmed via press release that the western release of Azur Lane: Crosswave will be released in 2020 in both physical and digital formats. More so, the publisher announced that the game will feature Japanese voice-overs with English subtitles. Plus, Azur Lane: Crosswave will also be receiving an Asia release with Chinese subs.
So, if you want to pick up one of these versions, you can get it here at Playasia. All regions are now open for pre-order. Click the button below to reserve yours.
BUT, THAT’S NOT ALL
Japan will also be getting a Limited Edition of the game that comes with four stunning collector’s items. Coming out on August 29th. Pre-order now! Click the button below to secure yours.
What’s in the box?
- PS4 Game: Azur Lane: Crosswave
- Original design box
- Puchi Drama & Mini Soundtrack CD
- Special-make Chibi Figure
Enjoy the trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below.
Azur Lane, the original mobile app game released in China in 2017 for iOS and Android platforms, reached critical acclaim in China and Japan, hitting five million players within its first four months. In Azur Lane: Crosswave, the PS4 version of this game uses the Unreal Engine and recreates the beloved Azur Lane character designs in the style of cel-shaded 3D graphics!
Azur Lane: Crosswave features a multitude of your favorite commanders in a 3D light. In the Japanese PS4 screenshot batch, we are introduced to some of the playable characters including Ayanami, Javelin, Prinz Eugen, Laffey, and Ping Hai.”
- Ships at Bae – Players will need to defeat enemy ships and meet special criteria to unlock and customize new characters. Swap weapons and even cute accessories to fit your needs as the top commander of the seas! With a multitude of characters to collect each equipped with unique strengths and abilities and NPCs to unlock, every player will definitely find their favorite commander to customize!
- Ready Your Torpedoes and Set Sail – Before you set sail, players can prepare their character units, formations, and equipment. Customizing and preparing your formation ahead of battle is crucial!
- Glide and Weave – Don’t just sit out there like a buoy! Prepare yourself and input your attacks! Pay close attention to aerial bombs, underwater torpedoes, and incoming projectiles. Launch and aim your torpedoes, shoot down incoming aerial attacks with your anti-air guns, and swiftly glide past any incoming missiles!
- Unreal Big Fish – Azur Lane: Crosswave uses the Unreal Engine and it brings your favorite 2D characters in the original mobile app comes to life in this 3D, cel-shaded world!