Monster Hunter: World Iceborne Launches this September 6th
Monster Hunter: World
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US, EU & JAPAN
Hunters, are you still waiting for the official release date of the previously announced major expansion of Capcom‘s Monster Hunter: World? Well, folks, this is the time to rejoice because Capcom has finally announced the release date of the next major expansion. Brace yourself for the Monster Hunter: World Iceborne.
Monster Hunter: World Icebourne, Capcom‘s next major expansion will launch September 6th for PS4 & Xbox One. Meanwhile, PC users will need to wait until Winter 2019 unfortunately. Players will get to experience a new adventure, new monsters, expanded combat and more.
Check out the announcement from Monster Hunter’s Official Twitter account and the official gameplay trailer below.
New adventure, new monsters, expanded combat and more! Monster Hunter World: Iceborne comes to PS4 and Xbox One on September 6th, 2019! PC version coming this Winter. #Iceborne
— Monster Hunter (@monsterhunter) May 9, 2019
Here are the full details on the upcoming expansion from Capcom via Gematsu below.
Monster Hunter World: Iceborne is the highly anticipated massive expansion* to Monster Hunter: World, the bestselling Capcom title of all time with more than 12 million units shipped worldwide adding to the series total of more than 53 million units to date. This gargantuan follow-up rivals the gameplay volume from the original release and features a new icy setting, storyline, monsters, gameplay options, and more.
The game’s all-new story picks up after Monster Hunter: World and whisks hunters away to the newly discovered chilly locale that, once fully explored, becomes the largest region in World so far. The new locale is home to several new and returning monsters ready to challenge hunters throughout their expeditions, and raises the stakes with the added higher difficulty Master Rank. Iceborne continues the skill-based progression and robust crafting system found in World , and expands that with several new gameplay features that broaden the player’s combat repertoire. All this leads to the ultimate hunter test against the mysterious new flagship monster, Velkhana.
- Massive Volume of Content – Iceborne builds on every aspect of World with a wealth of new challenges and surprises.
- New Story Introduces Hoarfrost Reach Locale – Picking up the plot from World , hunters will travel to a snow-covered terrain which progressively expands with the story, eventually becoming the largest region in World so far.
- New and Returning Monsters – The new locale is home to brand new frigid climate foes as well as returning fan favorites joining the Monster Hunter: World lineup. Leading the pack is the new flagship monster Velkhana, an elder dragon with powerful ice attacks that is a pervasive threat in the new story.
- Master Rank difficulty option – A brand-new quest tier above High Rank that makes new and existing monsters more ferocious than ever.
- Added Gameplay Mechanics Deepen Combat – Options for the Slinger tool have been added including a Clutch Claw grapple move and Flinch Shot that stuns monsters. With the new ability to use the Slinger while the main weapon is drawn, new strategies and opportunities are available for combat.
- Expanded Weapon Options – Each of the 14 weapon types will get new combos and new elements, offering new depth to master.
- New Gear and Items to Craft – Added monsters means hunters will have new materials from which to craft equipment as they take on new quests and challenges throughout Hoarfrost Reach.
Monster Hunter: World is now available on our website for both PS4 and XONE. Click the button below to secure your orders right now!
Meanwhile, if you want to get the expansion, you better buy your digital cards here on our website. Once you place your order, you will receive it in no time. So, click the button below to buy yours now!
Read more about the game here.
- Welcome to the new World – Taking on the role of a hunter, players are tasked with going on a research expedition to a newly discovered continent known only as “new world” as they venture on quests to discover more about this mysterious land
- Living and breathing ecosystem – Utilize the surrounding environment and wildlife to your advantage. For example, pit monsters against one another to lure the main target creature to the right place, but be careful not to become hindered by the hazards they present
- Global simultaneous release – For the first time in the Monster Hunter series the latest title will release within the same launch window and unite hunters across the world with cross-region cooperative play options
- Online drop-in multiplayer – When the battle is too daunting to take on single-handedly, hail up to three other hunters to assist during quests by sending up a SOS flare to a worldwide server full of potential teammates
- Hunt to craft new gear – Defeat monsters and collect loot from fallen foes to craft equipment and weapons styled after the monsters that have been slain. Selecting the right loadout can help exploit enemy weaknesses to gain an advantage in battle
- Master the beasts – A variety of ferocious creatures inhabit the new world landscape including the series mainstay Rathalos and the all new Anjanath. Players can mount the monsters with the dynamic riding mechanic, allowing them to travel along the monster’s body and deliver locational damage
- Seamless gameplay – Players and monsters can move from one map area to another freely and without loading screens whilst gameplay also dynamically transitions between night and day