Dragon Quest Builders 2 Coming to the West this July | Pre-order now!
Dragon Quest Builders 2
PlayStation 4™ & Nintendo™ Switch – US & EU
- This is the Western release of Dragon Quest Builders 2.
- Surpringsly, Nintendo will publish the Nintendo Switch version as Square Enix will take the responsibility of the PlayStation 4 version.
- It was first released in Japan last December 2018. Now, this action role-playing sandbox video game is coming to the Western regions this July 12.
Last October 2018, Nintendo has revealed via supplementary information sheet that for the six-month period, Square Enix‘s Dragon Quest Builders 2 will get its Western localization sometime in 2019 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. Square Enix will be responsible for the publishing right for the PS4 version. On the other hand, Nintendo will publish this game for the Switch version.
In February, Square Enix has announced the official release date of Dragon Quest Builders 2. West, get ready for the sequel of the critically-acclaimed 2016 game, Dragon Quest Builders this July 12 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch.
This installment takes you in the alternate universe of Dragon Quest II in the world of Alefgrard. The main antagonist of the Dragon Quest II is Hargon. He is a mad cultist of Rendarak who builds his cult to discourage building and to ban praising and worshiping of the Goddess under the great penalty of death. You play as a Builder. The Builder is rescued by a mysterious boy named Malroth. However, you find out that you are on Empty Island. The island just like its name, it’s literally empty. Now, it’s up to you and Malroth to save the world to defeat Hargon and his cult.
Now for the gameplay. Your protagonist is either a male or a female, you can choose. Break the world which is fully made of blocks to obtain materials that might be used to create weapons, tools, buildings, and facilities. Keep on crafting as you will gradually become stronger and the range that you explore will expand. Finally, there are slopes included in the Empty Island. It might help you to create your own material or something. Just think beyond your imagination! With the Dragon Quest Builders 2, it introduces the online multiplayer. You can play with your friends and create something beyond your imagination. Plus, new game enhancements are included as well.
Grab the Western version of Dragon Quest Builders 2 for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch this July 12. Here at Playasia, this game is now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order your copies right now!
Meanwhile, the Japanese release of Dragon Quest Builders 2: Hakaishin Sidoh to Karappo no Shima1-5d (ドラゴンクエストビルダーズ アレフガルドを復活せよ 2) is still available on our website. Click the button below to order your copies right now!
Read more about the Japanese release of this game here.
- Construct bigger structures with more variety and options than before
- Travel faster by soaring, swimming and dashing through the expansive world
- Inspire villagers to help out alongside them
- Create their own farms and raise a multitude of crops
- Divert flowing water to create your own rivers, waterfalls, and swimming holes