YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World Locked in For October 1 Release in North America
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World
PS4™ & SW – North America
- YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World is now confirmed for an October 1st release in North America for PS4, Switch, and PC.
- Spike Chunsoft detailed the content changes for the localized version of the game.
- Pre-order for the PS4 and Switch versions of the game are now available for pre-order here at Playasia.
The classic mystery, romance, visual novel, YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of This World (Kono Yo No Hate de Koi o Utau Shoujo YU-NO) by Hiroyuki Kanno, has successfully launched in Japan on March 14th for the Nintendo Switch. At that time, the localization for the Nintendo Switch port was unknown.
But, that is about to change now as publisher Spike Chunsoft has confirmed that YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World will spread its wings towards the western region both digitally and physically. Yes, you read that right. The classic mystery, romance, visual novel, is all set for its release in North America on the 1st day of October for PlayStation 4, Nintendo Switch, and PC via Steam. The game will be available for US$49.99.
Language-wise, Spike Chunsoft announced that it will feature Japanese audio with English text. The publisher also took on their Twitter account to spread the good news alongside the new trailer which can be seen below.
We are thrilled to announce that YU-NO: A girl who chants love at the bound of this world. is coming to the West on October 1, 2019 for Nintendo Switch™, PlayStation®4 and Steam®! https://t.co/YhTKNdR8NK
— Spike Chunsoft, Inc. (@SpikeChunsoft_e) May 22, 2019
Moreover, since we all know Sony’s censorship policy, of course, YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World is no exception and have to comply with that. In a blog post, Spike Chunsoft detailed the changes that will be made to the localized versions of the game. It means this will also be applied in the Nintendo Switch version.
You can check out the publisher’s announcement below.
We would like to inform the community about the following content changes made to the game in order to secure a release in the West on consoles. The following changes will be included in the localized Nintendo Switch™and PlayStation®4 versions:
- Sala Oasis Scene
- A sunbeam is placed over Sala’s naked lower body.
- Some cursor interaction symbols have been replaced with the “investigation” symbol. The story content and gameplay remains the same; only the cursor symbol itself has been replaced.
Meanwhile, the PC version of the game will not be affected by the aforementioned content changes. The PC version will contain the exact content to the Japanese version.
You can check out the boxart below.
Will you be getting this game when it launches on October 1st? If you will, better reserve your copies now on our website! The PS4 and Switch versions of YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World are now open for pre-order here at Playasia. Click the button below to secure yours!
If you haven’t watched the announcement trailer and opening movie for the game, you can watch it below. Plus, you can also find the game’s official key features and screenshots below. Enjoy!
【ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER & OPENING MOVIE】
- The Power of the Reflector – Explore multiple timelines and revisit events through the unique gaming mechanic of the Reflector Device. This allows you to explore every timeline in detail. Activate the Reflector Device’s Auto Divergence Map System to return to an event with more knowledge and new items.
- Your Father’s Clues – Solve all the mysteries of Sakaimachi to uncover the secrets lying beneath Sword Cape. Collect items from one timeline and use them in the next to unlock Sword Cape’s hidden truth.
- Love Beyond Worlds – Can you find the hidden world waiting beyond Sakaimachi? Fall in love with every character to reach the true ending to this 40+ hour visual novel.
If you want to pick up the Japanese versions of the game for PS Vita, Switch, and PS4, you can also grab it here on our website. You know the drill.