The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening | Everything We Know So Far
The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
Nintendo™ Switch – US & EU
- Two big new announcements for the game has been revealed at this year’s E3 Nintendo Direct– new mode & release date. Also, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild Sequel was also announced.
- A lengthy and information-packed gameplay of the game was also unveiled during Nintendo’s Treehouse Live at E3 2019.
- Pre-order for the game is now open here at Playasia.
One of the most awaited appearances on E3’s 2019 Nintendo Direct is the full remake of the Game Boy classic The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening. Luckily, we finally got a release date for the game. It will debut on Nintendo’s latest handheld console on September 20th.
Aside from the announcement of the game’s release date, we also learned about the new mode of this incredibly great game.
The new mode of the game is a dungeon-creator. Yes, you read that right. As the name suggests, the game allows you to build your own custom-made dungeons by arranging chambers earned in the adventure mode. Once done building, you can now explore the dungeons. Get ready to put on your brave adventurous soul as you can earn various rewards through conquering the different chambers of the dungeon.
First announced in February’s Nintendo Direct, The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening features a recreated cutscene version of the Game Boy opening of Link’s Awakening. It featured the main protagonist of the game, Link, who has been washed ashore on the Island of Koholint after a storm wrecked his boat.
The company also revealed that the upcoming remake of the game will feature a fully revamped visuals from the art style to the character 3D models, fully 3D animation setting, and more. Furthermore, Link’s awakening Switch version will still be in the top-down camera style.
Link’s Awakening was first released in 1993 for the Game Boy. The upcoming remake of the game is going to be the second major update to the title, after the 1998’s Game Boy Color title, Link’s Awakening DX. Also, unlike the other games in the franchise, the game isn’t set in Hyrule, but rather the strange Island of Koholint.
We’re sure that you don’t want to miss this adorable game on your collection. And, we’re glad that you’re at the right place because The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is available for pre-order here at Playasia. Secure your copies now. We ship globally!
Complete your The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening gameplay experience with the adorable amiibo figure of our Hero, Link! Of course, don’t forget to grab yours here at Playasia. Pre-order yours now! Coming out on September 20th.
BUT, THAT’S NOT ALL…
Nintendo called their E3 2019 presentation off by leaving us one of their biggest surprises. Nintendo confirmed a new Zelda game is in the works! Yes, we did not see this coming! As of the moment, Nintendo just provided a teaser trailer for the upcoming game, with no title, no release dates, and other details. All that we know so far is that it is going to be a direct sequel The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild. Yes, this is not a DLC, folks, this is a new fully fledged sequel.
Enjoy the E3 2019 trailer & gameplay, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- As Link, explore a reimagined Koholint Island and collect instruments to awaken the Wind Fish to and a way home
- Explore numerous dungeons, riddled with tricks, traps, and enemies, including some from the Super Mario series
- Meet and interact with unique locals to get help on your adventure
- Listen to a reawakened soundtrack that helps bring life to Koholint Island
- Earn Chambers (Dungeon Rooms) and arrange them to complete objectives in the all-new Chamber Dungeon
- Complete dungeons throughout the story to earn their rooms for the Chamber Dungeon
- Earn additional chambers in mini-games and by tapping any amiibo figure featuring a Legend of Zelda character
Make sure that you are up to date with the latest announcements from the world’s biggest event for computer, video games, and related products all straight from various talented and most innovative publishers and developers in the interactive entertainment industry. Feel free to check out our coverage for this year’s E3!