Ys IX: Monstrum Nox Limited Collector’s Box | Grab Yours Here at Playasia!
Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
PlayStation 4™ – Japan
- The ninth installment in the longest-running Ys RPG series will unravel its mystery on September 26 exclusively for PlayStation 4 as Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.
- On top of the standard edition of the game, Nihon Falcom will also release a stunning Limited Edition of the game with “must-have” collector’s items.
- Both standard & limited editions are now open for pre-order here at Playasia.
The longest-running RPG series, Ys series, with its firstborn in the gaming world in 1987, Ys I: Ancient Ys Vanished for the NEC PC-8801, has now its newest installment. Revealed through the famous Famitsu magazine, Nihon Falcom officially announced that Ys IX: Monstrum Nox will unravel its mystery exclusively on PS4 on September 26, 2019.
The release date was accompanied by a bunch of screenshots that gave us the first look at the series’ protagonist, Adol Christin, together with his travel partner, Dogi. Yes, if you’re one of the number one supporters of the series since day one, they are the series’ veterans.
Surprisingly, Adol is not in his traditional red hair anymore but is now popping his new blue hairstyle. Meanwhile, Dogi will look a bit older and more dignified. Also, Dogi will play an active role in almost the totality of the narrative.
You can check out the screenshots below, courtesy of Destructoid.
BUT, THAT’S NOT ALL…
On top of that, Nihon Falcom also revealed that a stunning Limited Edition of the game is in the works. Officially called the Limited Collector’s Box, this limited edition will run for $104.99 here at Playasia and will include the following:
- PS4 Game: Ys IX: Monstrum Nox
- Newly Written Novel: Ys IX Prequel Story: The Lost Dragon Sword (title tentative)
- Most Wanted Monstrum of Baldeux Poster Set (Seven Posters)
- Ys IX Original Soundtrack Mini [Code: Black]
For more detailed information of the game’s limited edition, you can check it out below via Gematsu.
- Newly Written Novel: Ys IX Prequel Story: The Lost Dragon Sword (title tentative) – A 100-page novel that tells the story of Adol Christin and his partner Dogi, who have finished their adventure in Altago, up until they head to the Prison City in which Ys IX is set. On their way north of the Eresia continent, Adol and Dogi help out a certain blacksmith, which gets them dragged into a case surrounding “Caliocerion,” a treasured sword that possesses the power of a mysterious gem.
- Most Wanted Monstrum of Baldeux Poster Set (Seven Posters) – “Most Wanted” posters of the Monstrum that appear in the game. These posters include information about the Monstrum and wanted Adol, which can even be used to help you clear the game.
- Ys IX Original Soundtrack Mini [Code: Black] – A soundtrack CD that features a careful selection of setting-based songs from Ys IX and is cased in a black jacket. Since it uses a tall case, it also has space to store the “Ys IX Original Soundtrack Mini [Code: Red].
Note: The game will have two sets of soundtracks. CODE: RED will serve as an early purchase bonus for the early birds, while CODE: BLACK comes within the Limited Collector’s Box of the game.
If you prefer the standard edition of the game instead, you can also get it here on our website. You know the drill.
Enjoy the gameplay trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- Encounter the likes of the Monstrum, individuals who possess superpowers, with whom you’ll uncover mysteries hidden in the prison in the start of a new adventure
- Face intense fights against giant bosses, to the various skill attacks, free dashes, and jumps we’ve seen in its speedy action
- Awaits new elements involving Ys IX’s setting including the “Supernatural Action” of the Monstrum that can be used while exploring the field, the “Guild Management” feature in the Prison City,” and more!