Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition Goes to Switch this August
Friday The 13th: The Game [Ultimate Slasher Edition]
Nintendo™ Switch – US & JAPAN
- This edition includes all the DLCs released, a poster, clothing pack and emote pack.
- It was first released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in 2017.
- Now, the Switch users will get to experience this on August 13 in North America and August 29 in Japan.
Last time, the survival horror game Friday the 13th: The Game was released on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. Now, the game publisher Gun Media and retail distributor Nighthawk Interactive have announced that Friday The 13th: The Game in Ultimate Slasher Edition is coming to the Nintendo Switch on August 13. Meanwhile, in Japan, this survival horror game is coming to the Switch as well this August 29 thanks to Natsume Atari.
For a brief background, Friday the 13th: The Game is a survival horror game formerly developed by IllFonic and published by Gun Media. This game is based on the infamous film franchise with the same name. It was released first via digital in May 2017 then followed by the retail release in October 2017.
After the release of the standard edition, this game has presented a new edition which is the Ultimate Slasher Edition for PS4, XONE, and PC. Now, the Switch users will get the chance to play as the psychopath killer Jason Voorhees this August.
The Ultimate Slasher Edition will include all the previously released DLC from single-player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins and more. Along with the DLCs, a Limited Edition Poster, Clothing & Costume Packs, and Emote Pack will be included.
Grab the Switch version of Friday The 13th: The Game Ultimate Slasher Edition here at Playasia! Click the button below to pre-order your copies right now and wait for August!
Meanwhile, the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of this survival horror game is still available on our website. Click the button below to grab your copies right now before it runs out of stock.
Read more about the game here.
- All DLC and Retail Exclusive Content – In addition to all previously released DLC – including 10 single player challenges, new maps, characters, counselor outfits, Jason skins, additional kills for Jason and the complete Virtual Cabin experience – the physical edition also offers exclusive Bloody Jason Skins and clothing packs
- Eight-Person Multiplayer and Single Player Modes – On maps spanning multiple iconic locations from the movie franchise, players will match up online as either Jason Voorhees or a Camp Counselor trying to survive the night. Players seeking lower pressure slasher fun can take the fight offline in matches with AI bots
- Killer Variety – Players can don the mask of their favorite incarnations of Jason Voorhees as depicted in films two through nine. Each Jason is hand-crafted with specific strengths, weaknesses, and exclusive brutal kills. The retail edition offers even more brutal execution options, with the Pick Axe, Pig Splitter and Machete Kill Packs
- Character Customization – As players level up, they will unlock new playable Counselor and Jason models that can be purchased with Customization Points (CPs). CPs also unlock new kills for Jason, game-changing perks that help Camp Counselors survive the night, emotes for self-expression, and various regalia appropriate for a funeral … or seven. The retail edition includes the Spring Break ’84 Clothing and Halloween Costume Packs for players to try on before the murder party
- Franchise Authenticity – The game draws expertise from horror icons including Sean S. Cunningham (director/creator of Friday the 13th), Tom Savini (FX legend and effects director of Friday the 13th), composer Harry Manfredini (various compositions from the franchise) and Kane Hodder (Jason Voorhees actor; Part 7, 8 and 9)