Shantae and the Seven Sirens Announced for All Major Platforms, PC & Apple Arcade
Shantae and the Seven Sirens
PS4™, XONE™ & SW – North America
New locations, abilities, and friends await in Shantae’s biggest adventure yet!
- Shantae 5 official title has been revealed by developer & publisher WayForward and it is Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
- The game promises to be “Shantae’s biggest adventure yet” and will be released on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Switch, PC, and Apple Arcade with a bunch of new exciting features for both old and new fans to enjoy.
- Price, release date, and distribution will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
The flagship series of independent game studio WayForward Technologies is making its sweet comeback to the limelight. And yes, it is none other than the Shantae series! Back in March, WayForward announced that they are currently working on the fifth installment into the long-running series. At that moment, no official title was given to the game and was only referred to as Shantae 5.
Now, the game’s developer and publisher announced the official title of the newest installment in the hotly anticipated action-adventure-platformer and it will be Shantae and the Seven Sirens.
The developer took the opportunity to share the news on their official Twitter account and revealed several tidbits of the game’s features.
Shantae 5 is now Shantae and the Seven Sirens! Featuring a new tropical setting, new allies, new dances, new Fusion Magic instant transformations, and a nonlinear world with multiple towns and dungeons, it's Shantae's biggest adventure yet! More details: https://t.co/Y2n5u4hrDW pic.twitter.com/DYlx98NKPz
— WayForward (@WayForward) August 14, 2019
According to WayForward:
Shantae and the Seven Sirens sends the belly-dancing, hair-whipping, half-genie hero to a tropical island where Shantae and her friends encounter other Half-Genie allies, but they soon learn there’s trouble in paradise. As Shantae gets caught up in the island’s sinister secrets, she’ll use all-new dance abilities and instant-transformation Fusion Magic to explore the nonlinear, interconnected world where she’ll visit multiple towns, overcome treacherous labyrinths, and battle dastardly bosses. The game also features a new collectible card system that grants players the freedom to augment Shantae’s powers to suit their own style of play.
The first game in the series debuted way back in 2002 on Game Boy Color. Now, Shantae and the Seven Sirens will be released on Nintendo Switch, PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC, and Apple Arcade. However, the price, release date, and distribution of the game are still unknown as of the moment. Additional information will be announced as soon as it becomes available.
Shantae and the Seven Sirens is already listed here at Playasia but under the announced status. Watch out for the latest updates of the game here at Playasia!
Check out the opening animation trailer, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- Explore an interconnected world using new Fusion Magic creature transformations, including a newt and other aquatic forms!
- 4K-resolution hand-painted visuals (on 4K devices only)!
- All-new characters and returning favorites like Rottytops, Sky, Bolo, and the nefarious Risky Boots!
- Collect and power up with monster cards!
- Enjoy minigames, acquire magic and items, and uncover secrets!
- Gorgeously animated TV-style cutscenes!