Final Fantasy VIII Remastered Heads To Consoles This September 3
One of the most awaited remastered games is here and it’s heading next month to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The announcement was made by Square Enix by releasing a new trailer of Final Fantasy VIII Remastered at Gamescom 2019. Check it out below if you haven’t.
Ever since we announced Final Fantasy VIII Remastered at E3, fans have been wondering… when will it be out? The answer is… September 3, 2019. Yes, it’s that soon!
We’re delighted to see this classic title come to life like never before with enhanced visuals and a bevy of improvements to make your journey even more pleasant.
Be ready to jump in with Squall, Rinoa, and friends on day one. Pre-order Final Fantasy VIII Remastered on PlayStation 4 and get a Final Fantasy VIII Static Theme!
– Ben Stein, Senior Manager, Product Marketing at Square Enix via Playstation’s Blog
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered tells an epic and emotional story about war and love. The militarized nation of Galbadia has formed an alliance with the Sorceress Edea in a bid for world conquest. Amid the conflict, Squall Leonhart and a group of fellow students from Balamb Garden’s mercenary force, SeeD, head into the conflict.
Together with his friends, Squall joins Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, on an adventure that holds the fate of their world in its balance.
This Remastered edition of the game enhances the original adventure with some cool new features.
The game is due out this September 3 on consoles, pre-order yours now!
One of the most popular video game franchises, Final Fantasy, is now back with Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. If we can recall, Final Fantasy VIII was released in 1999 and was voted by readers as the 22nd best game of all time in 2006 by Japanese magazine Famitsu.
During E3 2019, Square Enix revealed its upcoming games to look forward to this year and the following year. One of the most anticipated selections is the Final Fantasy VIII Remastered. The remastered version marks as the game’s 20th anniversary since its original release with new refreshing visuals and its coming to your favorite modern video game platforms like PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.
According to Square Enix:
Final Fantasy VIII Remastered brings the game’s classic story to modern platforms, now with newly rendered visuals that bring the game’s characters to life like never before.
In Final Fantasy VIII, the military nation of Galbadia has declared war on the Dukedom of Dollet, who must hire the mercenary force, SeeD. Squall Leonhart, a new member of SeeD, together with his friends and Rinoa Heartilly, a member of a resistance group, get pulled into the war, unaware of their fated task to save the world.
The newly remastered version is specially made for this generation. Pre-order now!
Here below are the game’s trailer, new system features, and screenshots for you to enjoy:
- Enhanced visuals: Several characters, enemies, GF, and objects have been refined to look better than ever before.
- Battle Assist: Activate this booster to max out HP and ATB bars—and trigger Limit Breaks at any time. You will lose all HP when you get hit by a critical attack that gives more damage than your HP, or by lethal damage.
- No encounters: Want to explore without fear of attack? Activate this option to turn off random encounters. Event battles must still be done in order to advance the story.
- 3x speed boost: Accelerates time by a factor of three—perfect if you want to speed through easy battles or get somewhere in a hurry. This feature will not apply to certain scenes including movies.