Samurai Shodown Welcomes DLC Character Basara on Oct. 15th | Watch The Reveal Trailer Here!
PlayStation 4™ & Xbox One™ – US ,EU & JAPAN
The return of the 12th main entry to the Samurai Shodown franchise successfully landed on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One in June 2019. And if you are now enjoying this blade-wielding fighting game with its brand new high-end visuals and gameplay, things will become even more interesting with its new update.
Publisher Athlon Games and developer SNK announced a new character that will be added to its rich roster via downloadable content. And guess what? It is none other than the game’s returning character, Basara!
Hop into the shoes of Basara on October 15th and get a chance to play and experience his wild and ghost-like abilities. On a side note, Basara can be slightly psychotic as well. Basara will be available for US$5.99 alone, or US$19.99 as part of the Season Pass.
So, if you are planning to get Basara, you’re in the right place! PSN & Xbox Gift cards are available here on our website. Simply click the button below and receive the code in no time! You know the drill.
Basara first appeared on Samurai Shodown III as a yurei or also known as a ghost in the Japanese folklore. Basara is a young man living peacefully with his lover, Kagaribi. Until one day, the demonic swordsman Zankuro wreaked havoc on their entire village. His village has been clothed with the drastic death of his people. Unfortunately, one of those is his beloved, Kagaribi.
But, the dark background of Basara gets even more perplexing as soon as we found out that he actually took his own lover’s life. Now, it’s for you to figure that out!
In the trailer, there’s a very short clip where we can see that Kagaribi’s ghost still haunts Basara. Interesting?
You can watch the reveal trailer followed by its screenshots below.
Samurai Shodown/Samurai Spirits is a fighting game developed and published by SNK for its Neo Geo arcade and platform. It was released in 1993. Since then, this fighting game is known for its premier weapon-based versus fighting games. Throughout the years, players from the various period in different home consoles have witnessed how great this fighting game franchise is which has been spanning more than 10 years. Now, Samurai Spirits returns to deliver some samurai action.
Read more about the game >HERE<
Where to Buy the Game?
Search no more! Samurai Shodown or Samurai Spirits for PS4 & Xbox One are available here at Playasia. Click the button to grab yours!
Nintendo Switch Version
Compatible with Nintendo™ Switch (SW)
Official Release Date: Dec. 12, 2019
Enjoy the trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below.
- Exhilarating Weapons-Based Combat – Samurai Spirits carries on the legacy of the tense battles the series is known for, where players are always one strike away from death, and one powerful attack away from victory
- Evolving the Presentation – Using the power of Unreal Engine 4, SNK is able to modernize the unique atmosphere and setting of past titles in a gorgeously artistic package that achieves a detail and graphical quality like never before
- Unique Cast of Returning and New Warriors – Samurai Spirits welcomes back iconic characters from past iterations, including the swordsman Haohmaru, his rivals Ukyo and Genjuro, the shrine maiden Nakoruru, and fan-favorite Galford. The starting roster will include a total of 16 characters—13 veterans and three newcomers to the franchise
- All-New Gameplay – Carrying on some of the key fighting mechanics that made the series popular, such as the Rage Gauge, Rage Explosion, Sword Clash and more, Samurai Spirits will also include several new techniques, including a powerful, one-time use attack from each character called the Super Special Move
- Revolutionary New AI System – Titled Dojo Mode, SNK has developed a proprietary AI system that learns from player patterns and creates a specific Ghost clone from that data. With this system, players can fight against their own Ghost or take on the Ghosts of top players in mock battles