Super Smash Bros. Ultimate | Update 6.0 is Now Available with Terry Bogard’s Launch!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Nintendo™ Switch – US, EU & JAPAN
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate‘s rich roster of fighters is getting even bigger and richer this time with the addition of the legendary wolf of the Fatal Fury series, Terry Bogard as a DLC character! The King of Fighters is here! And guess what, you can now throw him to the battleground and unleash his iconic and classic attacks as Terry Bogard is now officially available!
In a lengthy new video, the director of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, Masahiro Sakurai showcased Terry Bogard’s history, revealing that the character has appeared in over 80 games over the past three decades since its initial release in 1991 with the legendary SNK arcade game.
Now that Terry Bogard is joining the new revolution of gaming with Nintendo’s Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for the Nintendo Switch system, Terry Bogard will unleash his classical arcade fighting gameplay with the signature play style of Super Smash Bros. Ultimate for both new friends and familiar faces alike to enjoy the game.
By featuring an iconic fighting game character like Terry Bogard, Super Smash Bros. Ultimate expands its legacy as the quintessential love letter to the past and future of gaming. As Super Smash Bros. Ultimate continues to grow its roster of fighters, stages and music through downloadable content, we hope players will enjoy meeting both new friends and familiar faces that bring the game to life in unexpected ways. – Nick Chavez, Nintendo of America’s Senior Vice President of Sales and Marketing
Watch Terry Bogard in action in the videos below as well as the revelation of the King of Fighters Stadium stage and 50 music tracks from an assortment of SNK titles.
You can purchase Terry individually for $5.99 or with the Fighters Pass for $24.99. Get him now via the Nintendo eShop and don’t forget to grab your Nintendo eShop cards here at Playasia! Terry Bogard officially joins the previously released DLC characters, Joker, Hero and Banjo & Kazooie. We still to watch out for one more additional fighter that will be joining these fellas which will be included as well in the Fighter Pass. Coming out on a later date!
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’s version 6.0 update not only unlocks Terry Bogard but also throws numerous significant improvements in the game such as new Spirits, outfits, stage, music, as well as new fixes and changes to its existing fighters. You can find the full patch notes below straight from Nintendo followed by the fighter updates.
FULL PATCH NOTES (via Nintendo)
- The following spirits will appear in the Shop on the Vault menu:
- Andy Bogard
- Joe Higashi
- Kim Kaphwan
- Geese Howard
- Ryo Sakazaki
- Kyo Kusanagi
- Iori Yagami
- Athena Asamiya
- Ralf & Clark
- Tockles: The Tockles spirit will appear on the DRAGON QUEST Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu.
Note: To play on a Spirit Board in the DLC Spirits menu, you must purchase the appropriate downloadable content.
- The following features have been added to Battle Arena mode:
- The arena type “Elite Only” has been added.
- Arenas that a friend has created can now be found by going to Join Arena → Friends’ Arenas, regardless of visibility.
- The host player can now change some rules without having to shut down the arena.
- The option “Random Battlefield and Ω Form” has been added to the stage settings.
- You can now send set messages to each other inside an arena.
- Added support for the upcoming Simon and Incineroar amiibo figures.
- The following downloadable content will be usable after purchase:
- Terry + King of Fighters Stadium
- Ryo Sakazaki Wig + Outfit
- Nakoruru Wig + Outfit
- Iori Yagami Wig + Outfit
- Akira Wig + Outfit
- Jacy Wig + Outfit
- You cannot make videos of replays that contain DLC you have not purchased (fighters, stages, music, Mii Fighter costumes, etc.).
- Game balance adjustments have been made.
- Several issues have been fixed to improve the gameplay experience.
- Fixes and changes to fighters have been made.
- Side Tilt Attack: Extended Launch Distance
- Neutral Air Attack: Increased power; increased attack range
- Neutral Special: Extended fully charged launch distance; shortened the charge time until reaching max charge.
- Up Special: Increased the speed that super armor activates when using the move on the ground; made it easier to hit multiple times when hitting an airborne opponent when using the move on the ground, and extended the last attack’s launch distance.
- Down Special: Increased attack speed when using the move on the ground; reduced vulnerability when using the move on the ground.
- Neutral Attack 1: Increased attack speed.
- Up Smash Attack: Extended launch distance when hit in the low-damage range.
- Neutral Air Attack: Increased attack speed; extended launch distance when hit in the high-damage range.
- Up Air Attack: Increased attack speed; increased power; extended launch distance
- Neutral Special: Reduced start time for Inhale; made it harder to disrupt Kirby’s Copy Ability.
- Air Dodge: Reduced vulnerability.
- Moving Air Dodge: Reduced vulnerability.
- Down Air Attack: Shortened the landing time after using the movie; reduced vulnerability when landing after using the move.
- Forward Throw: Adjusted launch angle.
- Neutral Special: Shortened the charge time until reaching max charge.
- Side Special: Increased the duration of the damage animation when the move hits; increased the opponent’s downtime when shielded.
- Side Tilt Attack: Extended launch distance.
- Neutral Air Attack: Increased attack speed.
- Neutral Special: Shortened the time it takes to change to a more powerful spell.
- Side Special: Extended the duration of the fireball; the duration of the pillar of fire is not affected.
- Other: Increased the recharging effect smash attacks have on the Levin Sword.
King K. Rool
- Neutral Air Attack: Reduced vulnerability when landing after using the move.
- Forward Air Attack: Increased power of the high-damage range; increased attack range of the high-damage-range attack and increased the duration.
- Up Air Attack: Increased the amount of time hit detection lasts; extended launch distance for the high-damage range.
- Neutral Special: Increased attack speed; made it easier to vacuum up the Kannonball; shortened the time needed to shoot out the vacuumed Kannonball; extended launch distance when hit with the Kannonball.
- Down Special: Reduced vulnerability when the counter succeeds; increased the range the counter counts as a success; increased the high-damage range.
- Neutral Attack 3: Increased power; extended launch distance.
- Forward Air Attack: Increased the amount of time hit detection lasts; decreased power for the latter half of the time hit detection lasts.
- Down Air Attack: Made it easier to trigger a meteor effect when you hit with the high-damage range.
- Neutral Special: Increased the power at the beginning of the move; increased the rang at the beginning of the move and increased the duration of the move.
- Down Special: Increased the amount of time the damage-reducing pose is effective; extended launch distance of the flames after receiving an opponent’s attack; reduced vulnerability when receiving or not receiving an opponent’s attack.
- Neutral Special: After Kafrizz hits a fighter or the stage and explodes, Gravitational Pull or Pocket will have no effect on the explosion.
Nintendo also announced that new Mii Fighter costumes featuring characters from classic SNK games will be included starting November 6 and can be purchased for 75 cents individually. You can check out the video below.
Get ready for the ultimate showdown for Nintendo’s famous and iconic game character in one game to battle and to fight in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate. Now available for the Nintendo Switch. Grab your copies here at Playasia! You know the drill.
Of course, don’t forget to get your Nintendo eShop cards here at Playasia to purchase your Super Smash Bros. Ultimate DLC necessities! Tap the button below to grab yours.
You can check out the trailers, features, and screenshots for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate below.
- New fighters, new stages, AND every fighter ever featured in the series… EVER!
- Inkling from the Splatoon series join the roster
- Ridley from the Metroid series also joins the fight
- Returning fighters include Wolf, Ice Climbers, Pokémon Trainer and more
- Elevate the Super Smash Bros. experience to new heights with faster combat, new attacks, new items, and new defensive options
- Hold a 4 player free-for-all, or kick it up to 8-player battles*
- All current Super Smash Bros. series amiibo™ figures are supported
More Super Smash Bros. Ultimate news >HERE<