Bubble Bobble 4 Friends – Details on the EXTEND Skill Upgrade System | Learn More Here
Bubble Bobble 4 Friends
Nintendo™ Switch – EUROPE & ASIA
More details on the game mechanic! The game publisher ININ Games has discussed further the game mechanic called “Extend” for the upcoming sequel of Bubble Bobble, Bubble Bobble 4 Friends. In this new mechanic, it allows players to boost or to upgrade the dragon characters with more powerful abilities.
Full details below from ININ Games via Gematsu.
EXTEND: Skill Upgrade System
This is a new skill upgrade system that will allow players to boost their dragons with additional features. To unlock the upgrades, players will need to collect letter bubbles, each containing one of the letters of the word “EXTEND.” In every stage, one of those special letter bubbles appears briefly and has to be collected before it bursts. If the player manages to collect all letters of the word “EXTEND” within a world and also win the boss battle, the player will receive either a new skill or an upgrade to an existing skill to become even more powerful.
The following skills can be unlocked:
- Long Shot: increases the range of the bubbles.
- Thunder Bubble: attacks enemies in a horizontal line when bubble bursts.
- Bomb Bubble: The bubble explodes after some time and causes damage.
- Stop Wind: air flows are interrupted for a short time.
- Dash Skill: lets characters pass through enemies unharmed.
Before entering a new world, players can equip their dragons with the skills they’ve learned so far, using a variety of tactical variations to master even the most difficult stages and clear a stage particularly quickly.
Apart from skills, there are other features that increase the replay value of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends and spur players on to ever wilder maneuvers. Chain reactions from multiple bursted bubbles with captured enemies generate more and higher quality food for players to collect—the higher the number of bubbles, the more points and food you get as a reward. Special bubbles, such as bomb or lightning bubbles, provide new aspects of the game and tactics.
Take on the 33-year-old platform game franchise as Bubble Bobble 4 Friends will bring the cooperative play full of puzzle-platforming levels in which players loved it. If you love the retro-styled gameplay, this game included the 1986 arcade version. It also adds extra 100 levels with the original version of the sounds, visuals, and music in which you can go back to the memory lane.
After more than ten years, the Switch users will get the chance to play this cult-classic game with 100 colorful levels by defeating the enemies through shooting bubbles with twins Bub and Bob. Eliminate the enemies as much as possible and also a lot of obstacles will be present along. Collect a variety of items that will be useful to your platforming puzzle journey.
The Asia English Release of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends for the Nintendo Switch coming on December 12th. Here at Playasia, it’s now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order your copies right now!
Meanwhile, the Special Edition of Bubble Bobble 4 Friends (EU Version) is also available for pre-order. Check out the inclusions of this edition below.
The Special Edition includes:
- Special Edition Packaging
- 4 Character Cards
- 1 Poster
- 2 keychains (Bub & Bob)
Read more about the game >HERE<
- 4-Player Co-Op Mode
- After more than 10 years finally the official sequel of the critically acclaimed cult 80’s game series Bubble Bobble
- Created by TAITO – the company that practically started the video game revolution with their classic hit Space Invaders
- Jump ‘n’ Run/ Platform game
- Travel through one hundred stages, blow and burst bubbles, jump on and off blown bubbles to navigate level obstacles, dodge and eliminate enemies, and collect a variety of items.
- A new Bubble Bobble with high-quality graphics
- 100 Stages (50 family-friendly / 50 challenging)
- 5 Bosses