Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection Minigames + New Artwork Revealed!
Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection
PS4™, XONE™ & SW – US & JAPAN
Capcom Unity has detailed six of more than 20 original minigames from Zero and ZX releases that are now included in the upcoming Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection. Alongside is a first look at the brand new illustration created by Mega Man X series artist, Keisuke Mizuno. So if you want to get more details about these updates, continue reading down below to discover more about this newest installment in the Mega Man series!
There are over 20 mini games included in Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection, each bringing their own unique challenge for you to tackle. Taking control of one of each game’s heroes, or even characters you can’t normally use, you’ll be tasked with a wide variety of challenges – some of which are very different from regular gameplay! Here’s a sample of what to expect:
MEGA MAN ZERO 3
As Copy X, you’ll be using thunder, fire, and ice elements in a pseudo-puzzle game. Use Copy X’s element-based shots to destroy panels on a conveyor belt. Seems simple enough, but you’ll have to remember which element is weak to which and change elements on the fly.
The most elusive of Neo Arcadia’s Four Guardians steps out of the shadows for this one. You’ll need to make some nimble jumps from one shuriken to the next to reach your goal. The shuriken move, so watch where they are and make each leap count!
MEGA MAN ZERO 4
This game is particularly unique. Armed with only a lamp light, you’ll need to maneuver a Scrap Elf (an enemy from Zero 4) into a beam of light on the other side of the stage. It seems simple enough, but you’d be surprised how slippery your target can be! You’re under a strict time limit, so take care in how you move through the stage.
In this challenging mini game, you’ll have to hot foot it across three separate platforms and put out rising flames. While you’ll earn bonus points for putting out fires before reaching the top, you can also lose time if you don’t keep your cool – literally! Avoid the flames and the lava below, and go for a high score.
MEGA MAN ZX
This mini-game makes an appearance in the Area C-2 game room after you’ve completed the game. While it looks deceptively simple and can be a bit daunting at first, you’ll need to pair the falling jewels with a matching color beneath them. Give it a few rounds and you’ll be smashing jewels and enemies in no time!
MEGA MAN ZX ADVENT
Think you know everything there is to know about ZX Advent? This quiz will challenge how well you know the characters with three quiz types: the Zoom quiz, the Silhouette quiz, and the Gap quiz.
The illustration shared by Capcom is a piece of Keisuke Mizuno’s incredible work featuring a sketch of Zero in Mega Man X crossing over with Zero in the Mega Man Zero game. According to the company, players can view the final fully colored version of the artworks in the game-gallery too. You can check it out below, courtesy of Capcom.
In case you missed it…
If you’re expecting the six-packed action Mega Man series, Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection, to arrive on PS4, Xbox One, Switch & PC on January 21st, 2020, well you need to have an extra bag of patience, folks. Capcom has just announced that they have made a tough decision to push back the release date of the upcoming Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection from its previously planned release date to February 25, 2020.
The Mega Man series producer Kazuhiro Tsuchiya released a personal video message to convey the delay and express his remorse. Nonetheless, Tsuchiya also announced that “the team behind Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is working hard to deliver the best experience possible, and wants to bring you a product that will live up to your expectations.”
You can watch the video below.
Originally slated for a January 21, 2020 release, today I would like to share that the game will now be released in late February. This news is sure to be disappointing to many of you, and it wasn’t a decision we made lightly. Te team behind Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is working hard to deliver the best experience possible, and wants to bring you a product that will live up to your expectations. To ensure we meet these goals, the game will now be released on February 25, 2020. On behalf of the team, please know that we greatly appreciate your understanding and continued support. We are fully committed to offering our fans the best game possible when Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection is released on February 25. Thank you again for your patience and understanding. R.O.C.K. ON!
Read more about Mega Man Zero/ZX Legacy Collection >>HERE<<
WHERE TO BUY?
Mega Man Zero / ZX Legacy Collection is coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch on February 25, 2020! Here at Playasia, this game is now available for pre-order. Click the button below to pre-order your copies now!
Enjoy the trailers, features, and screenshots for the game below!
- Zero and ZX series on modern consoles – Join the Resistance as the titular fan-favorite protagonist in the four Zero games. Defend the innocent from Mavericks and discover your destiny as either the male or female protagonists of ZX and ZX Advent
- All-new competitive rush mode – Z Chaser Mode allows players to race to complete challenges from both the Zero and ZX games
- Newcomer friendly Casual Scenario Mode and Save-Assist System – New players can jump right into the futuristic universe of the Mega Man Zero and ZX series with a new Casual Scenario Mode. Bounce back from mistakes using the new optional Save-Assist system to revive at the most recent map checkpoint without losing a life
- Improved visuals and layout options – Experience the games as they were first released with a monitor filter option that features the original sprite art, or toggle the smooth filter on for a clean look to the charming, classic sprites. Freely choose from a variety of layout options for the ZX series’ dual-screen displays and controls at any time
- In-game gallery and music player – Take a look back at the history of the Zero and ZX series with each collection’s massive repository of original production art, including a music player filled with tunes from the original games. Those who pre-order the collection will also have access to the ten special arrangements included in the Mega Man Zero / ZX Reploid Remixes