2D Cinematic Platformer Ministry Of Broadcast Now Available For Pre-order!
Ministry of Broadcast
Nintendo™ Switch – North America
- Ministry of Broadcast is a 2D dystopian cinematic platformer filled with mischievous humor, sarcasm and more.
- Run, jump, climb and smash your way through each Arena while events around you unfold one by one.
- Pre-order is now available here at Playasia.
Developed by the Ministry of Broadcast (MoB) from the Czech Republic and Hitcents as the game publisher comes a 2D cinematic platformer titled Ministry of Broadcast. This is the same name with its developer.
Ministry of Broadcast is a narrative-driven cinematic platformer. It follows an unnamed, ginger-haired character who tries to reunite with his family by crossing the Regime-constructed barrier splitting the country, known as the wall, into two.
The game was inspired by Prince of Persia which was released in 1989 and Oddworld: Abe’s Exoddus. Expect a lot of running and jumping. Both the player and the protagonists will struggle under the weight of the Dystopian Regime with deadly obstacles, and jam-packed challenges with some hints of sarcasm and humor.
“Ministry of Broadcast” embodies the spirit of classic cinematic platformers where players need finely tuned run-and-jump reflexes as well as a healthy aversion to falling from deadly heights. To earn your freedom and reunite with your family, you must guide our hero through a series of Arenas, which are under the ever-present gaze of the Regime’s electric eye. Each hazardous, decaying environment houses an array of obstacles that you must navigate—leg-shattering drops (hope you’re not scared of heights), flaming trash barrels (with extra fire and extra stench), inconveniently located spike pits (naturally), dangling steel beams (watch for the rusty bits)—but all of that’s nothing compared to the fates of the poor souls you’ll meet along the way…
Get ready for a new cinematic platformer injected with mischievous humor, sarcasm, and absurdity of the system. Pre-order Ministry of Broadcast now here at Playasia!
Here below are the game’s trailer, features, and screenshots for you to enjoy:
- Cinematic Platforming- Run, jump, climb and smash your way through each Arena while events unfold around you. Much of the story is revealed through seamlessly integrated animation sequences, environment details, or NPCs dropping bits of dialogue and you sneak, dive, and dodge around them
- Environmental HUD- Instead of a screen cluttered with distracting indicators, minimaps, and HP bars overlaying the action, all the information the player will need is incorporated directly into the environment. Important hints and clues are subtly incorporated into the game’s art, so players will need a keen eye if they want to get through each Arena unscathed
- Puzzle Solving- You’ll need to use your wits, and sometimes a dash of ruthlessness, to advance through each deadly Arena. Much of the puzzle-solving requires you to interact directly with the environment; use your own momentum to move platforms, find and flip the right levers, and maybe even sacrifice an NPC or two in order to get across an extra spiky pit
- Story and Personality- The game features a heavy dose of impish humor, grade-A sarcasm, and comic mischief, balanced against the dark, heavy themes of a thoroughly dystopian world